Our Little Secret (Luke Hemmings) - Part 1

JUST WHEN YOU THINK I'M DONE WITH LUKE, WE COME RIGHT BACK FOR YOU

sorry fam but he's the only one i've finished an imagine for today :(

~

You had been working as Luke's personal assistant for almost three years now, but you've been seeing Luke for a little less than two. Although he was both incredibly attractive and incredibly young for a CEO, that wasn't what drew you to him. Luke never acted like he was better than those who worked for him, and he treated everyone in the office as equals.

Well, not everyone.

You could tell very early on that Luke paid a little more attention to you than he did to your other coworkers. He would call you princess a lot and although the nickname made you a bit uncomfortable due to such a professional setting, you were way too intimidated to say anything in fear of being fired.

However, Luke could tell that you were weary of the attention and made it his personal mission to prove to you that he wasn't intentionally trying to make you feel that way. So he stopped; He stopped calling you princess and he stopped winking at you and he stopped eyeing you as you sat at your desk directly in front of the little window in the office door. And it confused you enough to finally be brave enough to ask him about it.

You waited until he was working late one night – everyone else had gone home, but being his assistant, you couldn't leave until he told you to – and you knocked quietly on his office door. You were breathing deeply, his coffee in one hand as the other played with the pleats in your skirt, and you nearly jumped when you heard Luke tell you to come in. He looked up from his papers as you walked in, swallowing thickly.

"Here's your coffee, Mr. Hemmings," you smiled politely, setting the cup down on the desk.

"I didn't ask for a coffee, Y/N," he shook his head, but there was a small smile on his face, "And I've told you before – call me Luke."

"I know, Mr. Hem-" You cleared your throat. "-L-Luke. But you've been working non-stop since a-after lunch and you haven't asked f-for another. I-It's decaf so it won't keep you awake when you return home, b-but if you don't want it, I can go get you something else o-or-"

"Y/N," Luke chuckled softly, "It's fine, thank you. I appreciate the thought. Why are you still here?"

"I'm not allowed to leave until you're done or you tell me to," you murmured.

"You should have reminded me you were still here, Y/N," he said, "I can't imagine how boring it must be just sitting at your desk. I would have told you to go home hours ago."

"S-Sorry," you whispered. You were avoiding eye contact with him, making him raise his eyebrows.

"Is everything alright, Y/N?" Luke asked you.

You nodded quickly, "I'll see you tomorrow, Luke." You went to leave the office, but Luke's voice stopped you just as you were opening the door.

"Y/N," he said firmly, making you freeze and close your eyes tightly. "Close the door," he ordered. You did so very slowly, wanting to prolong whatever he was going to say to you. "Come here."

You took in another deep breath and turned back around as he was getting up out of his chair. He moved to the front of his desk, leaning back onto it, motioning for you to stand in front of him. When you did, you noticed that he didn't look upset, he just looked concerned. 

"Something's on your mind, Y/N," Luke stated with his arms crossed over his stomach, "What is it?"

"Nothing," you replied softly.