Scars and All (Luke Hemmings) *

yall pls dont let this one fade into obscurity ok this might be my favorite imagine ive ever written

Warnings: Mentions of abuse, scars

~

"Okay, seriously," Michael huffed suddenly beside you, "Why do you wear those things all the time?" He nudged your glove-covered hands, pulling your attention away from the conversation you'd previously been having with Luke.

"I've told you a million times, Mikey," you shook your head, "I don't wanna rush into things."

"Yeah, but... How are you supposed to meet your soulmate if you always wear them?" he insisted, "Like... Do you at least take them off when you're alone?" You simply laughed while Ashton interrupted.

"Come on, Mike," he chuckled softly at the sound of your laugh, "There's nothing wrong with wanting to make sure the attraction you feel toward someone is genuine and not just because you know they're your soulmate."

"Thank you!" you squeaked, happy someone understood your reasoning for the gloves.

"I'm not so sure you even have hands at this point," Michael huffed.

"Obviously, I have hands, Mikey!" you laughed, "It'd be kind of hard to wear gloves if I didn't!"

"You could have put gloves on mannequin hands and duct taped them to your wrists," Luke pointed out.

"You guys are a little too obsessed with this," you informed them with another shake of your head.

"But you could have met your soulmate already and you don't know because you never take those gloves off!" Calum insisted.

"He's got a point, Y/N," Ashton sighed dramatically, "What if one of us is your soulmate?" You simply made a face, making every single one of them frown.

"Is the idea of being soulmates with any of us really that bad?" Michael stuck his bottom lip out.

"Only because I've known you for four years," you smiled sweetly, reaching over and patting the top of his head.

The next few moments happened so fast, you weren't even given the chance to properly react to it all.

In one swift motion, Michael's hand shot up and grabbed your wrist right at the edge of your glove. You didn't have a second to pull away before he gripped the tip of the glove's middle finger and pulled the fabric off. Your fingers twitched at the sudden rush of cold air and it was that feeling that brought you back to reality.

"Michael!" you shrieked, forcibly ripped your wrist out of his grasp and bringing your hand to your lap to cover it with your still-gloved one. The other boys were rendered speechless, not expecting Michael to do what he did.

"What the hell, Mike?!" Luke exclaimed in your defense – as he always seemed to do when Michael's teasing went a little too far. He snatched the glove back from him, crawling over to where you were sitting. "Here, Y/N," he said softly, waiting for you to take the accessory back but you never did. Instead, the boys watched curiously as you stared down at your hands.

"You guys know how everyone has their soulmate's fingerprint on what will be their favorite place to touch?" you murmured, making them look at each other with concerned expression as they had no idea what you were leading up to.

"Yeah," they nodded simultaneously while Ashton continued, "And when your soulmate touches that spot, the tattoo turns red so you know you've found them."