Technicalities (Michael Clifford)

I'M POSTING THIS A DAY EARLIER THAN I NORMALLY WOULD BECAUSE IT'S MY BIRTHDAY AND I DON'T CARE ABOUT SCHEDULES TODAY!!!!1!!!!1!!!

also i will accepting photos of michael all day if u would like to participate in the ritual that is birthday presents

~

Hey, Y/N! This is Nev from Catfish. Max and I are filming an episode right now and we just read your email and were wondering if you're available to Skype.

Your heart skipped a beat as you read the text message. You quickly responded with confirmation as you logged into your Skype account, waiting for the call. The moment you got it, you squeaked – this was actually happening – and answered.

"Y/N!" Nev cheered when you both popped up on each other's screens.

"Hi!" you grinned widely, "How are you guys?"

"We're good! We just read your email, and it's just crazy! I mean... Michael Clifford?"

"I know!" you laughed lightly, "I know it's pretty hard to believe, but that's why I contacted you guys. I'm hoping to get some answers for myself."

"Well, I think we're just going to head on out to you and jump right into this, okay?"

"Absolutely!" you nodded, "I'll see you guys when you get here!"

~

The next day

You heard a knock on your door that afternoon, hurrying to open it. When you did, you found Nev, Max, and the crew standing on your porch.

"Hi, guys!" you smiled, hugging Nev and Max before ushering everyone inside. You all sat down in your living room, everyone eager to get started.

"Alright, are we ready?" Nev asked, looking around the room. The crew either nodded or gave him a thumbs up, signaling for him to move on. He turned back to you, "So, Michael Clifford, huh?" You couldn't help but laugh.

"I know it sounds fake," you acknowledged, "But I think there's that fan side of me that believes that it really is him."

"What about it makes it feel real?" Max asked you, "Like, what makes you feel like it's actually him?"

"I think it's mainly the consistency of it all," you shook your head, "There will be days when he'll tell me he can't talk because he has interviews or promo shoots or soundcheck or whatever, and it all ties in with what other fans online are saying about meeting the band during those things."

"You realize how...farfetched...this seems, right?"

"Yeah," you replied with a light chuckle and a sigh, "And I know there are going to be people who see this and think I'm insane, but either way, I've spent the last eight months talking to this guy and even if it's not actually Michael, I just want to know who it is. I've got such a strong connection with this person and I've told them so many things about me that no one else knows, and I just... I wanna know who's getting those secrets."

"So, you said in the email that you two Skype a lot," Max pointed out, "So if you do that, why exactly are we here?"

"It's only ever audio," you sighed, resting your elbow on the armrest beside you and your chin in your hand, "I've asked him before if he would get on video, but the excuses were always 'it's too dark' or 'I'm at the studio' or 'the wifi at this hotel isn't good enough' or whatever." Both men gave you sympathetic expressions when you paused, taking in a shaky breath. "I really want to believe that it actually is him – I mean, I've heard him talk in interviews and stuff and the voice sounds the same, but it also sounds different too, you know?" you said, "I just feel like he's keeping something from me and I'm not sure I'm brave enough to find out what it is alone." They both nodded understandingly.