Coming Home (5 Seconds of Summer)

listen this has been on my computer since last july and i wanted it gone so sorry if it sucks

~

Luke

Luke watched you from his spot in the back of the auditorium, bouncing on his feet while he impatiently waited for his cue to go onstage. He had it all planned perfectly; It was now just a matter of waiting.

You had no idea he was there – he wasn't supposed to be home until next week – and he was just excited knowing he wasn't far from being able to hold you again for the first time in nearly seven months. He had brought Michael with him, knowing you were going to stop playing your guitar the moment you saw him, and he wanted to finish the song with you.

"And for our last performer of the night," the teacher hosting the talent show said, "Here is senior Y/N Y/L/N." Your friends and fellow classmates cheered as you walked out to the microphone.

"I know it's the last song of the night, but I'm gonna slow it down a bit if that's alright with everyone," you smiled into your microphone as the crowd clapped in response. "Okay, good, because you really don't have a choice," you joked, making them laugh. "As I'm sure all of you know – which you should because I never shut up about it – my boyfriend is coming home next week and he was upset he couldn't make it tonight, so he asked if I would sing this song, so that's what I'm doing." Cheers filled the auditorium for the third time as you went on, "This is Beside You by 5 Seconds of Summer."

Within a minute, I was all packed up
I've got a ticket to another world
I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go

The silent words are hard to speak
When your thoughts are all I see
"Don't ever leave," she said to me

When we both fall asleep underneath the same sky
To the beat of our hearts at the same time
So close but so far away
Can you hear me?

She sleeps alone
My heart wants to come home
I wish I was, I wish I was beside you

She lies awake
I'm trying to find the words to say
I wish I was, I wish I was beside you

You heard a few people shriek, but you didn't think anything of it until you looked in their direction and saw someone walking toward the stage. The moment you realized your boyfriend was walking down the aisle, your hands flew up to cover your face – as Luke had expected them to.

You were confused as to how the song kept going without you playing, but when your boyfriend came onstage and pulled your hands back down, you caught a glimpse of Michael following behind him. He stuck his tongue out at you, making you smile before you turned your attention back to Luke as he took your hand in his and continued the song.

Another day and I'm somewhere new
I made a promise that I'll come home soon
Bring me back, bring me back to you

When we both wake up underneath the same sun
Time stops, I wish that I could rewind
So close but so far away

She sleeps alone
My heart wants to come home
I wish I was, I wish I was beside you

She lies awake
I'm trying to find the words to say
I wish I was, I wish I was beside you

Luke motioned for you to come back in, so you lifted your guitar off of your shoulder, knowing you were going to tackle him the moment the song ended.

There are pieces of us both
Under every city light
And they're shining as we fade into the night

She sleeps alone
My heart wants to come home
I wish I was, I wish I was