Black Magic (Luke Hemmings)

ft the loves of my life aka little mix

~

"Oh God," you murmured, "Oh God, oh God, oh God."

"What's wrong, Y/N?" Jade asked as she, Jesy, Leigh-Anne, and Perrie all stopped what they were doing and rushed over to the couch you were sitting on as you waited for them.

"Yeah," Jesy nodded, "Why do you keep saying 'oh God'?" You didn't respond; You simply turned your phone in your hand and held it up to the girls, showing them the tweet on your screen.

@Ashton5SOS: Sorry we're late, TCA's. Cal wouldn't leave the hotel bathroom until his hair looked right

"You knew they were coming," Leigh-Anne reminded you.

"I know, but now they're here and I haven't seen Luke since he broke up with me and I just... I'm nervous," you admitted with a sigh.

"Well, look at it this way," Perrie started, "We're performing Black Magic, so we can all pretend we're singing it to him while you absolutely crush these dance moves tonight, then he'll be begging you to take him back."

"You make it sound like you're actually going to perform black magic on him," you finally cracked a smile.

"We can neither confirm nor deny that assumption," Leigh-Anne grinned, "Now come on; Let's get ready for the show."

~

"Our last performance for the evening is one I'm sure you've all been looking forward to," Lea Michele smiled at the camera.

"After winning The X Factor in 2011-" Lucy Hale continued, "-Jesy, Jade, Perrie, and Leigh-Anne skyrocketed into fame with the release of Wings and topping charts all around the world with every single since."

"With their latest single Black Magic," Lea said before Lucy joined in, "Little Mix!" The audience cheered loudly as the camera panned over to the stage the band was on.

The girls looked back at you before the track started, but you didn't notice – you had just caught a glimpse of where Luke was sitting with the boys, a bit nervous to say the least that they were seated near the stage right in front of you. Perrie cleared her throat quietly, making you look at her.

"Show him what he's missing," she whispered loudly enough for you to hear. You couldn't help but smile as the track started.

Once the music was playing, the band was singing, and you were doing your choreography, it was like everything you were worried about disappeared. You still glanced at Luke every now and then – finding him staring at you every single time you did.

You were so immersed in your dancing though that you didn't even realize that when Jesy sang 'Come and get it while you still got time', she looked right at the blonde and nodded her head in your direction.

The gesture made Luke sit up in his seat and swallow thickly, his eyes darting back to you. In his mind, that was Jesy's way of telling him that you missed him – that you wanted him back. But you looked so happy on that stage...

Then again, you were always happiest when you were dancing.

Flashback

He remembered the day Little Mix's management called to tell you they wanted you to be one of their full-time dancers. You hadn't even hung up the call before you were screaming and jumping in excitement. Luke sprung up from the couch when he heard you scream – honestly thinking something was wrong – and when he saw the tears on your face, it didn't help the fear he was feeling.