This Town (Jack Barakat) - Part 3

Jack's POV; One month later

After not hearing from or seeing you for the next five weeks, Jack took it upon himself to find out where you'd gone.

It wasn't until after dinner that he was able to leave the castle, but he figured that wouldn't be a problem – he thought you'd still be home. Your brother answered the door, truthfully a little surprised to see the Prince.

"Hey, Jack," Charlie said, motioning for him to come inside, "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see Y/N," he answered, "I need to talk to her."

"She's not here right now..."

"Do you know when she'll be back?"

"Whenever she decides to come back, I guess," he sighed.

"You mean you don't know where she is?" his eyes widened.

"I don't," he shook his head, "But Shawn went out looking for her a couple hours ago. I can't imagine they'll still be gone after dark."

"But Shawn doesn't know for sure where she is either? Should I send some people to look for her? I can send my best guards to-"

"Jack," Charlie cut him off, a confused smile on his face, "She's done this before; She'll come back before sunset. She's not even planning to leave until Tuesday."

"She's leaving?" his eyes widened yet again, "Why is she leaving?! Where is she going?!" Charlie scrunched his face up – you'd explicitly told him not to tell Jack about it. But he was too far in to stop now.

"She won't say where she's going – just that she's leaving," he answered, "She doesn't want anyone to find her."

"And you're just going to let her?!"

"Jack, we can't make her stay anymore!" he shook his head, "I'm just as worried as you are, but I trust her. If she decides she can't make it by herself, there's no doubt in my mind that she'll come back." Jack's face fell slightly, making Charlie sigh. "Look, I'm sorry you came all the way here for nothing," he said, "But she's leaving on Tuesday and I promise she'll be home all day tomorrow. Just come back by then if you can." The Prince sighed as well, nodding his head.

"Thanks, Charlie," he told him, "I'll see you around." Charlie opened the door for him, watching him walk back to the road.

Once he was about 50 feet away, he called out to him.

"Jack!" he said, making the Prince look over his shoulder, "She'll be fine! Don't worry yourself too much!" Jack couldn't help but chuckle softly, waving slightly before heading back to the castle.

But, of course, he didn't get much sleep that night.

~

The next day

Jack woke up at around 12:30, surprised no one had woken him up for breakfast or lunch. He remained lying on his bed for a while though, thinking about how he was going to approach you before deciding that he wasn't going to do it at all.

"Taylor!" Jack shouted as he sat up. His personal guard – Michael was his first name – was in the room not even two seconds later.

"Yes, sir?" he stood at attention.

"You know where Y/N lives, correct?"

"Yes, sir," Michael confirmed.

"Good," Jack nodded, "I want you to bring her to the castle right away. I need to have a word with her."