Demons (Michael Clifford) - Part 2 *

Trigger warning: Mentions of depression and suicide attempts

~

One week later

After you hadn't come to school for the entire week after the breakup, Michael was understandably worried about you. He wasn't sure whether or not you'd be home since it was an early Saturday afternoon – and he knew you might not want to see him anyway – but he wouldn't forgive himself if he didn't at least try to reach out.

Now, Michael had picked you up from your house before when you went on dates and such, but he hadn't actually met your parents yet. He talked about his mom and dad a lot – you'd even met them a few times – but he quickly figured out that you'd much rather listen about his parents than talk about your own. And it was about two seconds into your mother answering his knock on the front door that he understood why.

"Hello, Mrs. Y/L/N," Michael smiled politely, "Is Y/N home?"

"Haven't seen her," she answered starkly, looking down at her watch, "I have to go. Lock the door on your way out if you don't find her." Your mom left the door open as she hurried past him.

Michael looked over his shoulder, watching her get into her car and drive off, before finally entering the house.

He'd never been inside your house before, so he took a moment to look around at just how big it was. His home was nothing like yours – he lived in a simple two-story house in a simple neighborhood – but you... If your home didn't look expensive from the outside, it definitely did inside. He didn't dwell on it too much though – you certainly never acted like you were rich beyond all reason – so he just continued about his journey to find you.

He obviously wasn't exactly sure where to go first seeing as he had so much ground to cover, but he figured the safest option was to start upstairs to see if he could find your bedroom.

Michael knocked on every single door before entering a room, having no luck in finding you in any of them. He felt the disappointment in his chest grow more and more with every step he took, but he wasn't leaving until he checked every room in the house.

And when he reached the door at the end of the hallway, his stubbornness finally paid off. He knocked lightly again, completely expecting not to find you – but he did.

And it made his heart start pounding.

You had just finished climbing over the railing of your balcony, looking down at the concrete patio below. You weren't sure whether or not the height would be enough to give you the final result you wanted, but at this point, you were willing to try anything.

But you weren't given the chance to find out.

Just before you pushed yourself off the edge of the balcony, you felt arms wrap themselves around your waist. You squealed in surprise – you specifically waited until now because you knew everyone was out of the house. But you already knew who it was – you knew those bracelet-covered wrists anywhere.

"Let go, Michael!" you practically screamed, trying desperately to free yourself from Michael's grasp.

"I know what's gonna happen if I do, Y/N, and I'm not going to let you do that," he stated, only moving one arm off of you so he could hook his elbow under your knees and bring you back onto the balcony.

"That's not your choice!" you wiggled around.

"It wasn't your choice at school either, but that didn't stop you from following me, did it?" he countered.