Any Day (Calum Hood)

Warnings: Mentions of anxiety and panic attacks

~

"You can still go, Cal," you told him, "Just because I'm not doesn't mean you shouldn't." Calum had been really trying to convince you to come to a house party one of his friends was having with him, but in all honesty, you'd rather stay home.

"But it would be more fun with you," he pouted, making you giggle.

"Somehow, I doubt that," you teased, pecking his cheek, "But you should go! Hang out with your friends!"

"I love hanging out with you more."

"Well, I'm flattered that you would choose me over your friends," you stuck your tongue out, letting it poke his nose.

"You wouldn't choose me over your best friend?" he cocked an eyebrow, a small smirk on his face.

"Nope," you chirped, "Mikey always comes first."

"I feel like I'm supposed to be jealous, but I think you're more loyal than anything," he chuckled.

"Maybe you're just biased because Mikey's the one who introduced us."

"A very reasonable possibility," Calum nodded, leaning in and kissing you. You giggled again at the sloppiness of it, putting your hands on his cheeks and pushing him back so he would stop.

"Come on, Cal," you insisted, "Go have fun. If you need a ride home, you know my number."

"I don't wanna wake you up," he stuck his bottom lip out for what felt like the hundredth time since he stepped into your apartment over an hour ago.

"I don't want you driving drunk," you fired back.

"I would let Michael Clifford, the man who hit another vehicle a week into have his license, behind the wheel of my car before I would ever drive drunk," he replied seriously, only smiling when you laughed.

"And I'm proud of you for that," you kissed his nose, "So promise you'll call?"

"Yes," he rolled his eyes fondly, "I'll call you." You smiled brightly again.

"Have fun," you told him, "Tell everyone I said hello." Calum nodded, giving you a series of kisses between repeated 'I love you's before finally pulling away, leaving you to go back to what you'd been doing before he'd arrived.

~

Calum's POV; Three hours later

"So why isn't Y/N here?" Ashton asked after Calum came back to their small group with his refilled solo cup.

"I don't know, man," Calum sighed, sipping his beer, "She just never wants to come out with me."

"You ever ask her why?" Luke wondered, shifting to lean against the wall.

"Sometimes," he shrugged, "But she usually avoids it."

"Why not just like, push it a little or something?" Ashton added.

"Yeah? How well does 'pushing it' work with your sister?" Calum returned, causing the brunette to roll his eyes while he and Luke just chuckled.

"Hey, guys!" Michael chirped, trotting toward them with a drink of his own and leaning on the wall beside Luke, "What'd I miss?" He'd left for a few minutes to wait with another friend outside until their ride got there so he wasn't alone.

"Nothing really," Ashton mentioned, "Some girl started doing all the moves to a Little Mix song though."

"Damn it!" he sighed, "It was Arielle, wasn't it?"