Same Mistakes (Maxx Danziger) - Part 3 *

You instantly jumped up from the couch, grabbed Maxx's hand, and pulled him into your bedroom. You took him to the corner of the room beside the bed and made him sit down on the floor so he wasn't within view of the door.

"Stay here," you ordered, going to get up. However, Maxx's hold on you tightened as he pulled you back.

"No, Y/N, she's gonna-"

"That bitch is not going to do shit to me," you said lowly, squeezing his hand, "And I'll be damned if I'm ever going to let her get to you ever again. You are going to stay in this spot until I come back, understand?" He nodded slowly and you moved to get up, but he pulled you back down yet again. "Maxx, I-"

You were cut off as you turned your head to look at him, his lips hitting yours. You let out a deep sigh, but you certainly weren't mad that he'd kissed you.

"I... I lo-" he choked once he pulled away, "I-I love you..."

He was clearly nervous – despite the fact that you'd kissed him back, he wasn't really sure if you still felt the way you used to about him. You squeezed his hand again before letting go and placing it on the cheek that wasn't bruised.

"I love you too," you whispered, pecking his lips, "Please don't come out of this room until I come get you." He nodded again, finally letting you get up to leave.

You flipped the lock on the door, making sure it was closed and definitely locked before walking away from it, but what you didn't notice was Maxx getting up and retrieving your phone from the nightstand.

You sucked in a deep breath right before approaching the front door to your apartment and pulling it open.

"Where is he?" Brittany growled the moment she saw you.

"He..." you trailed off, "I'm sorry, I don't know anyone by the name of 'He'. I think you have the wrong apartment." You went to close the door, but she placed her hand on it and pushed it back open.

"You know who the fuck I'm talking about," she narrowed her eyes, "Where's Maxx?"

"Maxx... Maxx... Max Schneider... Max Joseph... Max and Ruby... Mad Max..."

"I don't have time for this," Brittany stated monotonously, walking toward you. Your arm shot out to grab the door frame, however, preventing her from getting past you.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," you laughed, "I did not invite you in here."

"You came into my-"

"Maxx let me in," you reminded her.

"Listen, bitch," she spat, "I know he's here and I'm going to leave with him, so if you know what's good for you, you'll stay out of our business."

"The only way you'll be leaving here with him is over my dead body," you threatened.

"I can arrange that if you'd like."

Brittany pushed past your arm, but only made it as far as the middle of your entryway before you were pulling her back. You grabbed the back collar of her shirt and yanked her back out into the hallway. Her back hit the wall across from your apartment so hard, you heard the picture frames on the wall in that apartment shake.

You knew your neighbors would for sure wake up to that, but you didn't care; All you cared about was not letting Brittany get to Maxx.

"You are seriously fucking delusional if you think I'm going to let you come inside this apartment," you growled, "Maxx may not hit you back because you're a girl, but believe me, I'll have no problem with it. He doesn't deserve to be treated as something lower than a person who thinks it's okay to abuse him. You are the lowest form of dirt and no matter what you said or did to make him feel worthless is going to change the fact that he's not."