My Favorite Song (Zack Merrick)

"Y/N!" John called from the end of the hallway. You looked over your shoulder. "Zack's here!"

"Thank you!" you shouted back, gathering up your copies and going back into your office. You grabbed the rest of the songs you'd been working on and hastily made your way down to the studio the men were waiting for you in.

As you got closer and closer to the room, you could hear a small voice coming from inside. Being the songwriter that worked with Zack the most, you soon discovered that he had a daughter. He hadn't been able to find a babysitter for that day and there was no way he could reschedule, so he just had to bring her in.

Addison was only seven months when her mother left and one and a half when Zack's band was signed to the label. She had obviously been accustomed to always being around music – whether that was her dad singing her to sleep or listening to him and her uncles write songs in the living room. But what she looked forward to the most when coming to work with Zack was that she got to see you.

The now four-year-old had taken an immediate liking to you the first time Zack ever brought her into the studio. Addison had just turned two and had begged her dad to take her to work. Being daddy's little girl – and the fact that she'd used the biggest puppy-dog eyes she could muster – there was no way Zack could say no.

"Y/N!" the toddler cheered your name as well as she could. She wiggled out of her father's arms as fast as she ever had before and ran to you.

"Addie!" you smiled widely. Zack obviously couldn't take his daughter to the studio with him as often as she wanted him to, so you were happy to see the little girl running toward you. You picked her up and held her on your hip, all eyes on you at this point.

"I missed you," Addison pouted.

"Well, you know Daddy can't bring you every time," you told her, making the pout get bigger.

You only laughed, putting your papers onto the table in front of the men. You then put your hand on the back of her head, holding her in place as you started peppering her face with kisses.

"No!" she squealed loudly, squirming around as she laughed uncontrollably.

Addison quickly grabbed your face, making you stop. Her payback, she decided, would be to just return the favor. You laughed as she kissed your cheeks over and over again, then tickled her stomach to make her stop.

You caught a glimpse of Zack watching you with his daughter with a look of fondness on his face. You always thought that he was simply smiling at Addison, but Zack had a tendency to look at you that way, even when his daughter was nowhere to be seen.

You chose to push it to the back of your mind, however, thinking there was no way anything could ever happen – you were practically coworkers after all; You were sure that was all you'd ever be to him.

"Daddy wrote a new song!" Addison declared proudly, bringing you out of your thoughts.

"Did he?" you grinned, smiling over at Zack who blushed and looked back at John, "Well, I guess that makes two of us then, doesn't it?"

"You wrote a new song too?!" she gasped, a wide smile on her face. Addison always told you how much she loved the songs you wrote – and even when they weren't always your greatest, it still meant a lot that she liked them.

"I did," you nodded, taking her over to the couch where Zack was sitting.

You sat down beside him with Addison on your lap. You were so busy sorting through your sheet music that you didn't even notice the look that she gave her father.