Lost in Reality (Luke Hemmings)

this is kinda like my miniseries where i write the agt auditions except this is the voice and u and luke are judges and also dating okokokokok

i dont want to make this a series pls dont make me

~

"This is gonna be the one, guys," you stated as the lights dimmed while the last contestant of the day was coming onstage, "I can feel it." The three other men looked at you and chuckled as the music started.

You all listened intently, wanting to be sure you wanted the girl on your team – and she'd picked such a demanding song that you wanted to hear her get through a few more notes before you made your own decision. And when she hit the note that brought everyone to their feet, you immediately hit your button. The girl's voice wavered slightly in shock but she kept going, happy she'd made it onto the show.

However, you noticed out of the corner of your eye that Luke's arm had moved slightly, making your head snap over.

"Don't you do it, Hemmings!" you threatened. Luke simply laughed, leaning back in his chair.

You turned back to the stage, putting your elbow on the front of your chair and resting your chin in it. You couldn't see Luke, so when the song came to an end, you thought for sure you had this performer on your team.

Unfortunately, you heard a chair turn at the last second, making your head snap up as the girl onstage honestly looked like she was going to pass out.

"No!" you screamed at Luke, jumping up from your seat, "You can't do that!"

"I think I can though," he smirked, not looking at you, "Because I did."

You plopped back down in your seat, groaning. No one could hear the noises you were making, but as the cheering died down, it became more clear.

"Y/N, what is wrong with you?" Adam laughed.

"I have no chance," you sighed, placing your elbow on the front of your chair and your chin in your hand, "The moment Luke turned, she nearly passed out. Just look at her!" You pointed at the girl onstage, "If Luke wasn't already the girl version of himself, she would be! It's over! I'm done for! Just let me down easy, please!" Luke chuckled under his breath as Blake grabbed the singer's attention.

"What's your name?" he asked her. She let out a deep sigh, smiling widely.

"I'm Hailey," she said.

"I told you to let me down easy, not tell me your name is in a 5SOS song!" you threw your arms up before letting them cross over your stomach.

"Hi, Hailey," Luke smiled at her, finally speaking.

"Hi, Luke," she nearly squealed.

"You're such an amazing vocalist," he said, "I love you a lot."

"I'm gonna be sick," you grumbled, making everyone laugh.

"Just out of curiosity: what made you pick that song?"

"Oh," she giggled slightly, "There wasn't any specific reason, to be honest; I just really love the lyrics. I told myself I would sing it if I ever came on the show, so..." She ended with a little shrug.

"Listen to me, Hailey," you stated, standing up in your chair, "Don't look at him-" You gestured toward the man sitting to your left. "-right now, okay? Whatever is going to come out of his mouth after I'm done talking isn't going to be helpful to you in any way. Yeah, he's totally dreamy, he's in a famous band, and he can talk a good game, but that's not gonna get you anywhere in this competition." Luke shook his head, laughing at you. "Lucas is gonna tell you that you were perfect and flawless and while I agree that you're an amazing singer, I did hear things that could be improved upon. I want to be the one to coach you and get you to the point where you'll be playing sold out shows at MSG and Staples Center and I am so desperate to have you on my team, I will do literally anything for you to pick me."