Always (Trevor Collins)

requested by alycia

apparently ppl like when i write trevor so here u go friends!!!!!!

~

"Hello, everyone!" Barbara announced, opening the show as she usually did, "Welcome to Always Open! On this week's episode, we'll be talking about first jobs, memories from high school, and a question about moving on from a relationship! I'm your host Barbara Dunkelman and joining me today is..."

"The artist formally known as Lindsay Tuggey," Lindsay snickered, making everyone laugh lightly.

"Your friendly neighborhood Y/N Y/L/N," you sarcastically winked and pointed finger guns at the camera on you, making them laugh as well.

"And it's a-me, Mariel!" Mariel grinned as you threw your head back, laughing loudly.

"I don't know which introduction was my favorite," Barbara shook her head.

"They were all pretty great if you ask me," you chuckled.

You got into the show, taking about the set topics as well as venturing off a little here and there, until about 45 minutes later when the last topic was introduced.

"This question comes from a fan named Ashley," Barbara started, "And she says 'Hey, guys! I just went through a breakup recently and it wasn't exactly the cleanest thing. It was what I consider my first serious relationship and I'm just wondering if you guys have any advice on how to get over someone who didn't really care about you'."

You felt your heart get heavier, swallowing thickly as Mariel glanced at you. You felt her knee bump yours under the table, giving you a look when you made eye contact. You gave her a weak smile as Lindsay started speaking.

You listened to each of hers and Barbara's pieces of advice, nodding in agreement every now and then, before you were given to floor to offer up your own words of wisdom.

"I think it's much harder to get over someone who didn't care about you more than just a relationship that didn't work out," you began, to which the other women agreed, "I think you're still so new to the world of dating that maybe you're not really sure what you want yet, so once you figure out you and your needs and wants in a partner, it'll be much easier to pick out the ones who maybe won't necessarily care as much. But I guess my best advice would be to just work on yourself first. You have so much to give to people you choose to let into your life and I think you should really find out who you are before you offer parts of yourself to others. The ones who really appreciate you are the ones who will prove that they deserve to be given all of you from the moment you meet them."

"I don't even think I can follow up on that," Mariel shook her head, "That was too deep. My advice would be a tiny spec in the universe compared to that." You laughed as you leaned on her arm, listening to Barbara end the show.

"Well, on that note," she smiled, "Thanks to everyone for watching! Stay tuned for the post show for more!"

~

30 minutes later

After the post show, you said goodbye to everyone before you went back to work. You returned to your desk and edited a Let's Play for about 20 minutes when your name was being called.

"Hey, Y/N?" someone asked as they entered the room. You obviously couldn't hear it with your headphones on, so they came up to you, nudging your shoulder.

You turned your head to find Jack being followed by Matt holding his phone. You slid your headphones off so they were hanging on your neck, giving the duo a confused grin.