Liar, Liar (Ashton Irwin)

heyo so this was requested by Madeinmymom like 60 million years ago and idk if they changed their user or keep up with my shit still but i hope i lived up to their expectations

~

"What ever happened with you and Serena?" you asked your best friend as you both were sat on a park bench, resting a bit before the run back home.

"What do you mean?" Ashton returned, sighing in relief after taking a big gulp of water.

"I mean you two went on a date like, two weekends ago and I haven't heard anything about it since," you shook your head, drinking from your own water bottle, "I just thought I would have since you seemed really into her before you guys went out."

"Dunno," he shrugged lightly, his voice small, "Just wasn't any spark with her."

You looked at him for a moment, trying to read his expression. He was looking down at his lap, his fingers playing with the bottom hem of his basketball shorts. Ashton was never one to be closed-off when it came to dating, so you were understandably a bit confused by his demeanor now.

"What's up with you, Ash?" you asked.

"What do you mean?" he mumbled, looking up at you.

"You've been acting really weird lately," you pointed out, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"That's a lie," you stated bluntly, "But it's cool if you don't want to talk about it, I guess. So, anyway, I met this girl at the store and she's a really big fan of the band," you told him, "Her name's Felicity and she seems really sweet and I think you guys would-" Ashton cut off your rambling, blurting out the last thing you expected to hear.

"I'm gay," he said. Your eyes widened as well as his and you were honestly speechless for a minute.

"Wow," you whispered. After a few seconds, you repeated the word, making Ashton nervous.

"Please say something else," he begged.

"I don't know what else to say, Ash," you answered truthfully, "I mean... You're... That's a lot to take in... How long have you known?" He sighed, throwing his head back.

"A long time," he answered softly.

"Why haven't you told me?"

"I don't know... Nerves..."

"Well, you know this doesn't change anything, right?" you assured him, "You're still my best friend."

"Yeah..." Ashton whispered, "And you're still mine..." His heart skipped a beat when you smiled at him and put your hand on his thigh, patting it lightly.

"I'd better be getting home," you chirped, "You coming with?"

"Nah," he murmured, "I'm gonna rest for a few more minutes."

"Alright," you nodded, "I'll see you later then." You leaned over to kiss his cheek before getting up and beginning the jog back to your apartment complex while Ashton watched you until you were out of sight.

~

Ashton's POV

Later that afternoon, when Ashton finally returned back to his own place, his heart felt heavier than it usually did after a run – but it wasn't like he didn't know why. He had never lied to you before – especially not to this magnitude – and the guilt was already eating him alive.

He made his way to the bathroom to take a quick shower before going into the living room where his housemates were playing video games. They were all sat on the larger couch in front of the TV, controllers in their hands and furiously pressing the buttons.