Temporary Home (Cody Carson) - Part 3

this is a thing i wrote for no reason lol

~

Cody's POV; Saturday morning

"Princess, you know we don't eat ice cream for breakfast, so just tell Daddy how many pancakes you want," Cody said for what felt like the hundredth time.

This argument had been going on for a good 10 minutes now – Gracie wanting ice cream instead of the pancakes she'd asked her dad to make the night before when he was putting her to bed. To be quite honest, Cody was starting to lose his patience with her, but he remained calm, continuing his work at the stove.

You were still in bed, your husband giving you as much time to sleep as he could before breakfast was ready. He knew Gracie would have listened to you the moment you told her no, but she was Daddy's little girl and she knew that, so she tried everything she could to get what she wanted from him when you weren't there. Cody wasn't giving in, however, but Gracie wasn't going down without a fight.

"But Daddy!" she whined, hitting her foot on the hardwood floor since she was standing in the kitchen with him.

"No buts, princess," he stated, "You know the rules."

"I hate you," the toddler mumbled, stomping her way to her bedroom. Cody simply sighed, going about his business.

~

Your POV

You trudged down the stairs a few minutes later, having finally just woken up. Cody was finishing up with breakfast at the stove, so you walked up behind him, wrapping your arms around his waist.

"I was wondering when I would see Sleeping Beauty again," he snickered, earning himself a light slap to the chest from you.

"What're you making?" you asked, laying your head on his shoulder.

"Pancakes."

"Chocolate chip?"

"Is there any other way to make them?" he grinned, turning his head so he could kiss your temple.

"I love you," you sighed dramatically.

"At least someone does," he commented. You picked yourself up, releasing his waist so you could move to the counter. You leaned back against the granite, facing your husband.

"What does that mean?" you asked him.

"Nothing," Cody shook his head, "Gracie just said she hates me."

"Why would she say that?" you furrowed your eyebrows.

"Wouldn't let her have ice cream until after breakfast."

"You know she didn't mean it, right?" you asked softly.

"I know," he mumbled, "But it's still not fun to hear it."

"Well, I could never hate you," you said, kissing his cheek, "That's gotta count for something, right?"

"Remember in high school when I accidentally stepped on your homecoming dress and it ripped?" Cody smiled slightly, "You said you hated me and wouldn't talk to me that whole week after."

"Did I mean it?" you countered with a smile of your own, wrapping your arms around his neck.

Since the pancakes were done, he put the last one on the plate and turned off the stove before turning to you. His hands landed on your hips, pulling your body to his.