Pictures of You (Luke Hemmings)

warning: this imagine contains a photo of fetus luke. continue at your own risk :)

~

You were walking around the park with your camera when you heard music coming from your right. You looked over and nothing was there – just a hill – so you decided to investigate. Once you reached the top, you looked around and finally found what you were hearing – a blonde boy with a guitar in his lap, singing softly for the people who took the time to stop and pay him any attention. You snapped a couple shots from the hill before venturing closer to get a better listen yourself.

As he was playing and you were shooting, you couldn't help but notice the small grin on his face as he sang. It wasn't because he was being photographed – he hadn't even looked up to know you were there – he was just smiling because he was doing something he enjoyed.

It suddenly dawned on you that you'd seen this boy before – Luke, if you remembered his name correctly – and this was always a look he had on his face when you saw him playing music. He usually had three of his friends with him, but today – for some reason – he was performing alone.

You'd gradually gotten closer as the afternoon wore on, but people would keep walking and standing in front of you – either not noticing your camera or not caring – but you were truthfully starting to get ticked off, so you just shut your camera off and moved over to sit on the grass and listen to him play.

He played for about 20 more minutes before deciding to stop. The crowd clapped and offered up praises of how good they thought he was before leaving. He had a smile on his face as he packed up his guitar and you finally decided to leave yourself, not wanting to seem like a creep just watching him put his stuff away.

But when you got up, you didn't even make it all the way past him before you heard a voice speak up.

"You're the person always taking photos of me when I'm here, right?" Luke said as you passed by.

You froze, turning to look at him, only to find he wasn't even looking at you – he knew you'd been there the whole time? Your fingers tightly gripped the camera hanging around your neck as he looked up and smiled.

"You take any today?" he asked. You stared at him for a moment before nodding slowly. "Can I see?" You nodded even slower, prompting him to pat the concrete next to him.

You sat down and as you were turning your camera back on, he started speaking again.

"You know, my friends tag me in the photos you put up on Facebook," Luke informed you, "You're really talented."

"Thank you," you whispered.

"I feel like I should be paying you or something."

"Oh, don't do that," you giggled, making him smile, "Then I would be considered a professional."

"What's wrong with that?"

"Professionals don't get to submit their work for amateur night at the art gallery next weekend," you shook your head.

"You gonna submit photos of me?" he nudged your arm.

"Well, I-I was gonna ask you if it was okay first," you cleared your throat.

"Of course it's okay," he grinned, "But I have to see them first. Can't have you displaying photos where I don't look good, now can I?"

"Whatever," you scoffed, "I'm sure all photos of you look good." The blonde smiled again, a light blush on his cheeks as you went on. "I only took a few today," you said with a small sigh, "People kept standing in front of me and I was getting annoyed."