All of My Regrets (Calum Hood) - Part 4

Three days later

It was Saturday night and Micah had been trying to convince you to go out with her for last couple days. You didn't understand why she was so adamant about taking you to a party that night – all you knew was that you didn't want to go. You knew Calum and his friends were bound to be there – there was never a party in town that they weren't at – and you really didn't want to run into him. But once Micah brought up all the things she'd been doing for you for the last few months, you groaned loudly.

"That's dirty, Mic," you stated, making her squeal.

"So you'll come?" she asked excitedly.

"Fine," you rolled your eyes, getting up, "But I'm raiding your closet."

"Done!" she said, letting you grab your phone and keys before taking your hand and leading you out to her car.

~

Two hours later

You were actually having a really great time at the party, having not seen Calum even once. You saw Ashton, Luke, and Michael and talked to them a bit before wandering off to the living room where the music was being played. You weren't drinking – not wanting to make any stupid decisions and offering to drive home so Micah could loosen up a bit after dealing with you for so long.

You were standing against the wall – none of the songs being played were ones that you really knew, so you weren't actually dancing to them. But when one of your favorite slower songs came on, you smiled slightly. You were swaying in your spot when you caught a boy across the room looking at you. When he noticed you saw him, he set his drink down and walked over to you.

"You look like you're wanting to dance," the brunette smiled sweetly.

"Good," you grinned back, "I was worried I wasn't being obvious enough."

He chuckled, holding his hand out to you. You happily took it and he led you to the middle of the room. You put your arms around his neck and his wrapped around your waist, resting on your lower back.

"So does the pretty girl I have the pleasure of dancing with right now have a name?" the boy asked you.

"She might," you replied slyly, "As long as you answer a question correctly."

"Well, I'll give it a shot," he shrugged, "Just don't be too hard on me."

"If given the choice, would you either have to kill a) a thousand spider-sized elephants, or b) one elephant-sized spider?"

"What kind of spider are we talking?" he asked you.

"Doesn't matter," you heard beside you, "The answer is a thousand spider-sized elephants." Your head snapped over to see Calum walking up to you. "She's less scared of something she can kill by stepping on it," he went on, "Not that it would matter; Even if it was only one, she'd still make you kill it."

"Calum," you said lowly, "I'm in the middle of something that doesn't concern you."

"Well, I need to talk to you right now, babe," he stated and then glared at the boy in front of him.

"'Babe'?" he said, cocking an eyebrow at you before looking back at Calum, "Sorry, man... I didn't know..." He let go of you and scurried away, leaving you with your ex-boyfriend.

"You are such a piece of shit," you growled, not wanting to draw any attention to yourself.

You pushed past him on your way to the kitchen where Micah had been hanging out all night. She hadn't been drinking too much, so she was still fairly alert when you approached her.