More Than Anything (Ashton Irwin) - Part 1

oh look a 5sos imagine maybe ppl will actually read something i wrote now lmao

also happy 100th imagine posted in this book!!!!! this time last year i had to make it bc the other one was full!!!!! all my babies are growing up so fast!!!!!

~

It was a typical Friday evening – you were sitting at the dinner table with your daughters, helping your 2-year-old learn to feed herself as your 5-year-old excitedly rambled on about what she did in school that day. You would ask her questions every now and then, assuring her that you were listening to her despite being occupied with her sister.

This was the normal routine: you feeding them a little earlier than usual before their father came by to pick them up.

You were almost finished feeding Sadie when you heard a knock at the door. Alexia immediately shot up to run to answer it, making you sigh.

"Alexia!" you scolded – she knew she wasn't allowed to answer the door by herself – as you took Sadie out of her booster seat and hurried after the 5-year-old. Alexia didn't listen, obviously, because the next thing you heard was the door opening.

"Daddy!" she shouted with a huge smile on her face, jumping into his arms when he held his hands out to her.

You and Ashton had known each other since you were in college – bonding over the alarming number of espresso pumps you both ordered in your drinks on Saturdays when you studied at the campus coffee shop. Over the next seven years, you fell in love, got married, and had two beautiful little girls.

But a year and a half ago, things started to go downhill.

You would argue more and more every day and it was so emotionally draining on the two of you that you just decided to get a divorce – the finalization being only weeks after your youngest daughter's first birthday. You had the girls on the weekdays and Ashton took them every Friday evening to Sunday afternoon as part of your custody agreement.

You both remained civil for the sake of your daughters though – Ashton didn't want them seeing their parents barely speaking or arguing with each other and lead them to believe that that was how they should be treated when they got older. So this was how it was – Ashton would come over, talk with you and the girls a few minutes in his old home, and then leave to spend the weekend with his daughters.

"Princess," Ashton said, his voice more firm than usual when speaking to his daughter, "Mummy has told you multiple times not to answer the door without her."

"But I knew you were coming!" she frowned – she never liked when her dad used that tone, "You always come when I'm done eating!"

"Rules are still rules, Princess," he shook his head, "I think Mummy deserves an apology, don't you?" She sighed as he put her back on her feet, sulking over to you. She wrapped her arms around your legs, hugging you tightly.

"Sorry, Mummy," she mumbled into your jeans. You smiled slightly, ruffling her hair before leaning down and kissing the top of her head.

"It's okay, Lex," you told her. You then put Sadie down, addressing the older girl again. "Take your sister and get your bags so you can go with Daddy," you told her. Alexia nodded, taking Sadie's hand and leading her down the hallway. You stood back upright, barely smiling at Ashton as you finally greeted him.

"She had a lot to talk about today," you informed him, "Good luck getting her to bed on time."

"She's always got a lot to talk about," he said, following you as you went to clean up in the dining room, "I'm starting to think she's spending too much time with Michael." You let out a breath of amusement, missing the small smile pull at the corner of his mouth.