Mine (Ashton Irwin) - Part 1

Flashback; Three years ago

Ashton was there for the moment you found out you were pregnant, the moment your morning sickness started, and the moments you were begging him to go to the store at 2:30am to relieve your weird food cravings. He was there for every single doctor visit and insisted on taking pictures ever week to document your ever-growing baby bump. He shared the moment you heard your baby's heartbeat for the first time.

He was there to help you come up with how you'd tell your family and friends the news of their future family member and he was there the moment you told them, wanting to capture it on film. He practically forced you to take what seemed like a million of his shirts and every bottom that fit you so you didn't have to buy yourself an entirely new wardrobe of maternity clothes since his clothes were basically the same fit on your body anyway.

He was with you at the doctor visit you found out you were having a girl. He was there when you were excitedly crying about your baby kicking for the first time, pressing his hand to your stomach as you laughed because she absolutely refused to kick when he wanted to feel it. He was there to bounce names off of each other before you finally picked the perfect one – and he was even there when you changed it two weeks later, insisting that you would know what to name her the moment you saw her.

He was there when your water broke. He was there when you felt your first contraction. He was there in the delivery room, holding your hand as you pushed and pushed until she was finally born.

Ashton was there for everything.

The only problem was Gemma wasn't his.

Gemma's father wasn't in the picture anymore – he hadn't been since the day you told him you were pregnant. It wasn't like you were surprised that he didn't stick around, but that didn't mean it didn't still hurt.

You'd gone to your best friend an absolute mess when your ex left, crying about how you didn't want your baby to grow up without a dad. Ashton comforted you as best as he could – rubbing your back as you clung to him, your tears soaking the shoulder of his shirt – but all he wanted was to find your ex and give him a piece of his mind. He promised you that he'd be with you throughout everything, and he was.

The first few weeks were the hardest – you barely slept and Gemma's crying gave you what felt like a permanent headache. Ashton, seeing how much you were struggling on your own, insisted you move in with him, assuring you that he really did want you and Gemma in his life. It took a while but you finally gave in, moving into Ashton's apartment within a few days.

You'd seen Ashton with his cousins and your friends' relatives, and even your own younger family members, but you never realized just how good he was with kids until your first night living with him.

You'd woken up in the middle of the night to Gemma's soft cries, shifting in the bed to tend to her. But you were stopped by a hand on your shoulder gently pushing you back down.

"Go back to sleep," Ashton told you, your baby girl slowly falling back to sleep in his arms, "I've got her."

And the next thing you remember was waking up the next morning, feeling more rested than you had since she was born.

End flashback

~

"I've been thinking," Ashton told you as you walked into the kitchen where he was making dinner.

"That's a dangerous sentence coming from Ashton, huh?" you asked the toddler in your arms, smiling when Gemma giggled tiredly as you poked her tummy. You just woke her up from her nap, not wanting her to sleep too long and not go to bed that night.

"Very funny," he replied monotonously as he rolled his eyes, but it was obvious he was trying not to smile at the sound of her laugh.

"What were you thinking, Ash?" you grinned, stopping beside him as he stood at the stove, kissing his cheek playfully. Ashton responded by kissing your forehead as well as sloppily kissing Gemma's cheek, turning back to the stove as she giggled loudly and laid her head on your shoulder.

"You know her birthday is coming up next weekend," he said.

"Don't remind me," you sighed dramatically, hugging her tightly to make her laugh again.

"Mommy!" she exclaimed. You kissed her head before releasing your hug.

"Well, I was thinking," he continued, "Your parents won't be able to come to visit until Sunday, so what if we took her somewhere on Saturday?"

"Such as?" you questioned.

"How about Disneyland?"

"Ashton-" You were cut off by Gemma's excited squeals.

"Disney!" she yelled happily, bouncing on your hip.

"Ashton," you continued with a sigh, "I don't know..."

"Pwease, Mommy!" Gemma said, "Wanna see a pwincess!"

"I don't know if we can do that this year, baby," you swallowed, not wanting her to get upset at you – but you genuinely didn't know yet if you could find the money for it.

"Pwease, Mommy?" she pouted.

"I'll think about it after bedtime," you sighed, hoping it would get her off your case.

And luckily, it did.

~

Four hours later

After putting Gemma to bed – and her reminder that you promised you'd think about Disneyland – you plopped down on the living room sofa. Your hands were on your face and your feet were tucked underneath your thighs.

You desperately wanted your daughter to wake up to a confirmation that you would take her to Disneyland, but with your only source of income right now being your weekend job at the local library, you didn't know if you could shell out the money it would take for everything you knew she'd want to do or get.

"Hey, Y/N," you heard Ashton say as he sat down beside you, making you look up at him. He had this worried expression on his face, clearly concerned as to why you seemed so distraught. "You okay?" he asked you. And you didn't bother lying to him.

"You know I don't like when you mention taking her places or buying her things right in front of her, Ashton," you said softly, "It makes me feel like shit if I have to say no when she's already excited about it."

"I know," he murmured, looking down at his hands, "I'm sorry... I just want her to have a good birthday..."

"I know, Ash," you whispered, scooting over to sit beside him and laying your head on his shoulder, "But it's so expensive just to get into the park... And, you know, you have a habit of buying her everything she asks for when I'm not around because she knows I'm not there to tell her no."

"I don't buy her everything she asks for," he scoffed, causing you to lift your head up. You cocked an eyebrow at him and he shook his head. "I don't!" he said defensively, but you just kept staring at him. "Fine," he grumbled, "I buy her everything she wants." You smiled slightly, wrapping your arms around his neck and pressing your lips to his cheek before your head returned to his shoulder.

"Thanks for being there even though she's not yours," you whispered again. You then felt Ashton's arm snake around your waist, pulling you onto his lap. You repositioned yourself to comfortably lay on him, feeling his own lips hit your forehead and stay there.

"You're both mine," he replied lowly, his grip on you tightening as he brought you closer.

~

i dont know

inspiration: https://pendantstyles.tumblr.com/post/166881737610/center-snot-very-nice-for-you-to-sleep-on-me