A Night to Remember (Cody Carson)

prom is already over so naturally i wrote this

~

It was another late Friday night as you finished up studying for a Psychology test you had that Monday. You knew you didn't have to worry about it too much – it was your favorite subject and you actually took in all the lessons pretty easily – but you just wanted to make sure you got the best grade you could. Plus, you knew you'd be busy all day tomorrow getting ready for prom.

It was nearing 1:30am when you finally decided to turn in for the night. Your phone was resting on your nightstand as it was charging when you heard it start ringing. You turned your head, looking over and seeing your boyfriend's picture on the screen.

Cody rarely ever called you this late unless he couldn't sleep, but you knew for a fact that he'd gone to bed almost four hours ago since he'd been on the phone with you until the moment you heard him start snoring – though, he did usually call you whenever he woke up from a nightmare and needed help calming down.

"Hey, babe!" you chirped as soon as you accepted the call, taking the phone off of the charger and turning on your lamp as well.

"It's not Cody, dear," you heard your boyfriend's mother say on the other line, which only confused you even more.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Stephanie," you said, "Is everything okay?"

She sighed softly, "I'm afraid not."

"What's wrong?" you immediately began panicking, sitting up in bed, "Is Cody okay? What's going on?"

"Cody's fine, sweetheart," she said reassuringly, "He's just in the hospital."

"He's in the hospital?!" you exclaimed softly, not wanting to wake your parents up, "How can he be fine if he's in the hospital?!"

"I can see why he didn't want me to call you now," she laughed lightly.

"Stephanie!" you squeaked.

"Honey, you know I would tell you if something were seriously wrong," she reminded you, "He just woke up about an hour ago with some stomach pains that he said didn't feel right, so we came here just to be safe. The doctor said tests should be coming back within the next hour."

"Will he be well enough before tomorrow night?" you asked worriedly.

"I'm not sure, dear," she sighed, and you could just see her shaking her head, "But I'll call you as soon as we find out what's wrong."

"Okay," you said softly, "Call me before then if it gets bad."

"I will, dear," she said, "Just get some sleep. I'll talk to you later."

"Bye," you said, hanging up the phone.

You stared at the dark screen for a moment before throwing yourself back onto the mattress with a sigh, hoping your boyfriend would be okay.

~

The next day

You woke up at 11 that morning, immediately looking at your phone. You had one missed call from Cody – or more than likely his mom – that you had received an hour before you woke up. So, obviously, you immediately called back.

"Hey, princess," Cody said hoarsely when he answered your call.

"Why do you sound like that?" you asked in a rush, "What's wrong?"

"Y/N," you could hear his smile.

"Sorry," you whispered, "But what's going on? Why did you go to the hospital?"