Tie You Down (Luke Hemmings)

hello this is v short but i like it a lot and i hope u do too 💜💜

~

Any moment your boyfriend was at home with you was a moment you wish time would just stop. Luke had been gone for the better part of a year on tour, but he was finally home and you couldn't be happier. The second he walked through the front door, his arms were around you and he refused to let go.

It was no secret that you missed each other when he was away, but you always noticed that leaving seemed to be way harder for Luke. You couldn't pinpoint when exactly it started – all you knew was that he'd grown much clingier since the last time you saw him in person. Not that you were complaining, of course.

You'd been sitting on the living room couch in silence for a good half an hour now – your right bicep resting on his shoulders while your hand played with his hair. You hadn't bothered to turn the television on or anything, truthfully not feeling like moving to get the remote since Luke was too desperate at that point for you to just hold him.

"When did you get that?" you heard him whisper after a while.

You looked at him and found him staring down at your lap. You followed his gaze, your eyes landing on the tiny 'L' tattooed on the top of your left ring finger.

"Had it for a while," you murmured, "Ever since you left for Japan."

"Why didn't you tell me you got it?"

"Dunno," you shrugged, "Wanted to show you in person instead of a picture, I guess."

"But I don't have a tattoo for you," he frowned.

"You don't need to get a tattoo for me, Lu," you told him, "You don't even want tattoos."

"I want one for you," he insisted, the arms around your waist tightening, "A little (first initial) right here-" ​He poked his initial with his own left ring finger, making you smile. "-So little, you can't see it under a ring." Your heart skipped a beat and your stomach erupted with butterflies.

"You saying we're gonna get married?" you asked softly, though you already knew the answer.

"Gotta tie you down someday," he mumbled, "Wanna make sure you're still mine when I come home."

"I'm always yours, Lu," you promised him, putting your hand on his cheek and lifting his head up so you could kiss him, feeling him smile.

~

i wish i was good at keeping things this short all the time

inspiration: https://pendantstyles.tumblr.com/post/164935903435/best-missed-you-so-fucking-much-harry