All of My Regrets (Calum Hood) - Part 1

i honestly wouldn't be surprised if there are 50 million mistakes in this. ur girl never proofreads ¯\_()_/¯

also there's some swears and a tiny little itty bitty minuscule moment of smut-like actions lol sorry

~

You were sitting at a booth at the edge of the counter in the bar you were at. You had your head resting on the table, absentmindedly running your finger along the top of the glass in front of you. You had been stood up from a date, waiting at your apartment for a solid hour and a half before receiving a text from him that said he wasn't coming.

You decided that you didn't want to waste your perfectly planned outfit on that jerk, so you just walked the one block to the bar down the road. You'd already been there for a couple hours and had a couple drinks already, but you were drinking them at a fairly slow pace.

With the way the booth you were sitting in was set up, it wasn't easy to tell that there was someone already there since you were sat facing away from the entire bar. So it was no surprise when someone sat down across from you, thinking it was empty. 

"Oh, shit," you heard the familiar voice said, "I'm sorry, I didn't realize anyone was sitting here." The man got up to leave, but your own voice stopped him.

"Cal...?" you asked quietly as you lifted your head up, your voice cracking. Your ex-boyfriend froze, looking back at you in surprise.

"Y/N?" Calum murmured. He furrowed his eyebrows when he saw that your eyes were watery. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?" You quickly cleared your throat and wiped your face.

"I'm fine," you told him. He immediately sat back down, giving you the look he always gave you when he knew you were lying to him. He raised an eyebrow at you, making you sigh. "I had a date tonight," you explained softly, "But he never showed."

"He stood you up?" his expression dropped. You didn't say anything, you just pulled out your phone, showing Calum the message you'd gotten from him after you asked him where he was.

Thanks for being stupid enough to think I actually wanted to go out with someone as ugly as you. I'll think of you when I'm using my $20 to take out a girl actually worth my time.

"What the fuck?!" Calum exclaimed, "He actually said that to you?!"

"It's fine, Calum," you shook your head, putting your phone back in your purse and taking another sip of your drink.

"No, it's not, Y/N," he insisted, "You're the most beautiful girl in the world. You don't deserve to be treated like that."

"Calum, I-"

"Just because we broke up doesn't mean I stopped giving a shit about you, Y/N," he said firmly. You whispered a 'thank you' to him, but were surprised when he didn't automatically get up and leave. "So," he cleared his throat, "You're seeing people again?"

"It's been over a year, Cal," you reminded him with a small sigh, thinking about how every single guy you've tried to date after Calum just didn't work.

"I know," he nodded slightly, "I just... I'm trying to make conversation, but I'm just making it awkward, aren't I?" You giggled under your breath, making him smile.

"If you want to make this less awkward, I think we're both going to need a lot more drinks in us," you pointed out.

"That, I can do," he said, calling a waiter over and ordering you both a drink.

~

Three hours later

It was now close to 1am and you and Calum were still at the bar. You had stopped drinking about 45 minutes ago, but the alcohol was still fresh in your systems. Calum was reminiscing about times you would get drunk together and you both were giggling messes.