Lemonade Mouth (Calum Hood) - Part 3

Calum's POV; Two months later

One Friday after school – the day winter break officially began – Calum was at his locker before he was supposed to meet you all outside. The band was playing a show at the pizzeria that day and you all wanted to get there and rehearse a bit before most people started showing up. He looked over when he heard someone coming toward him, scowling when he saw your ex-boyfriend.

"You know, Hood," Kyle mentioned, "I've been noticing you looking at my girl a little too long these last few weeks."

"I can assure you – Kyra's not my type," Calum stated.

"You know who I'm talking about, Hood," he spat through gritted teeth, "Just because Y/N's in a band with you now doesn't give you the right to-"

"First of all, Y/N is not 'your girl' anymore," Calum growled, "Second, you can't stop me from looking at her when she's talking to me. And I may be in a band with her, but I know I don't have the 'right' to do anything and neither do you. If she doesn't mind that I look at her, then there is not shit you can do to stop me from doing it."

"Hey, I'm just trying to help you," Kyle insisted, throwing his hands up in surrender, "Y/N's a good girl – a girl that would rather study on a Saturday night than go out to a party – and you're... Well... Not. No hard feelings, man, but you're not exactly her type."

"So what is her type then?" he narrowed his eyes, "Guys who guilt her into being with him only to break up because she's found something she enjoys doing that doesn't involve you and then try to prevent anyone else from getting close to her because you're a selfish prick who can't stand the thought that maybe she's better off without you?" Kyle's jaw tightened as did the fist at his side, but Calum never got to know how he'd respond when they heard a voice saying his name.

Your POV

"Cal!" you called out, making both boys look over to where you were at the end of the hallway. You had your eyebrows raised, curious as to why your bandmate and your ex-boyfriend were clearly getting heated about something. "Did you forget about the show?" you asked when neither boy said anything after a few moments, "We're waiting for you!"

"I didn't forget, Y/N!" he finally replied, his eyes never leaving Kyle's as he closed his locker door, "I'm coming!" Calum glared at your ex one last time before turning and jogging down the hall until he reached you.

He slowed to his normal walking pace as he came up to you, putting his arm around your waist and turning you around so he could lead you outside. Calum would always find an excuse to touch you, so this was nothing new to you – though you did know he was doing it now just to make Kyle mad. But after everything your ex put you through, you certainly weren't going to do anything to stop him.

"Why'd you ever date that asshole?" Calum murmured when he was sure Kyle wasn't in earshot anymore.

"He's not that bad, Cal," you tried convincing him, but he wasn't having any of it.

"Y/N, he broke up with you just because you were in the band that opened for his at a stupid school dance," he reminded you, his hand sliding to your hip and squeezing it lightly, "And from what I've heard and seen when you were around him, he didn't care about you one bit."

"He cared!" you squeaked.

"Name one thing he ever did for you that didn't end up benefiting himself," he challenged.