Moments of Weakness (Cody Carson)

Your POV

It was a Friday as scheduled as every other: You set up your camera and microphone, grabbed your guitar, and sat down on the floor, ready to film a brand new cover for your video tomorrow.

You had the song on your mind since the night before, having the people who followed you on Twitter vote for it. They'd first picked an album – Upside Down by Set It Off – and you then gave them four options from your favorites off of the record. They ended up choosing Me w/o Us – which didn't really surprise you; Cody wrote the song for you, after all.

You'd covered a fair amount of Set It Off songs since you started your channel four years ago, and that was actually how you and Cody met. Zach had been the one to find out about you nearly two years ago when you posted a cover of Duality. The music video had just come out and you were so in love with the song that you couldn't not sing it. Zach ended up showing the rest of the band and it seemed like it was love at first sight for Cody.

Ever since then, he'd DM you on Twitter all the time before moving it to texting and phone calls. He'd asked if you were going to a show in your state and when you said yes, he instantly asked to meet up with you. You, of course, said yes without hesitation and the two of you have been together ever since.

You never would have thought of Cody being the kind of guy to risk losing something he loved – especially when it came to you. Clearly though, you were wrong.

It wasn't until you were finished singing the song that you looked at your phone again. You almost didn't – you wanted to review your footage and get your video edited as soon as possible so you didn't have to worry about it tomorrow – but the text on the screen caught your eye.

Call me asap

You cocked an eyebrow at the text from Maxx, but quickly did as he asked. And he didn't even wait for one full ring before picking up.

"I just want you to know that I swear the guys and I had no idea what was going on or else we would have tried to stop it," he said in one breath.

"Maxx," you shook your head, "What are you talking about?"

"Well... We all went to this club last night after the show and..."

"Maxx, just tell me!"

"Cody cheated on you," he finally said. You instantly lost your breath.

"He...what?" you whispered, wanting to be sure you heard him right.

"Cody went back to his hotel room with a girl," Maxx sighed, "When Dan, Zach, and I got back... Dan had to stay in me and Zach's room because we heard them... Well, you know... She was gone by the time we confronted him about it and tried to make him tell you, but he said you didn't need to know and... I couldn't keep it from you, Y/N, I'm sorry... I wanted Cody to be the one to tell you, but it's clear he's never going to..."

"Why... Was he drunk or...? I don't..." you couldn't form complete sentences, too shocked to really say anything else.

"No," you heard him swallow, "He wasn't drunk... He was supposed to be our ride back to the hotel... I'm really sorry, Y/N..."

"It's okay, Maxx," you replied softly, "It wasn't your fault."

"I just didn't want you to find out on Twitter or anything," he told you, "And I know you were going to post that cover tomorrow and... I don't know, I just thought you should be the first to know about it..."

"Thank you for telling me, Maxx," you said, assuring him that you really did appreciate it.

"If you need to talk to someone, you can call me, okay? And I'll be home in a few weeks to come see how you're doing." You couldn't help but smile at how seriously he took his self-proclaimed title of being your older brother.