Attached (Ryan Follese) - Part 2

here's part 2 appARENTLY

~

One month later

To everyone who passed Ryan as he stood against his car in the airport's pick-up zone, he looked like any other person waiting for someone to arrive. But on the inside, he was anything but calm.

You called him in a slight panic just before you boarded your flight to LA, telling him that your ride just texted you and told you they couldn't make it. He, of course, immediately told you he'd be there, chuckling lightly when he heard your relieved sigh on the other end. This didn't stop you from making sure he was okay with it though. He promised you that he was, having you text him what time you landed and that he'd be outside waiting for you.

He pulled up to the airport 20 minutes early, wanting to make sure to get a spot close to the doors so you wouldn't have to search for him. Honestly, he felt like he was going to throw up, knowing he was only minutes away from seeing his childhood best friend for the first time in 20 years.

The moment you stepped through the door, he lost his breath. Sure, you looked beautiful when you were Skyping with him during the BuzzFeed shoot, but something about the way you looked right now – dressed in sweats, hair in a messy bun, and no makeup on – had him speechless. If his crush on you hadn't already resurfaced during the Skype call, it definitely would have seeing you now.

You looked around for a brief moment before finally spotting Ryan. You instantly smiled, quickly going over to him. He pushed himself off of his car as you let go of your suitcase and carry-on bag, making sure they weren't going to fall over, before you threw your arms around his neck. You were hugging him so closely that he was sure you could feel his heart pounding against his chest as he hugged you back.

"You still own this old thing?" you giggled softly, your arm moving so you could poke at the beanie on his head.

"Hey, don't talk bad about it," he smiled, "My best friend gave it to me in fifth grade."

"I think I remember her," you replied, "She was a pretty girl back then."

"Pretty girl then, beautiful woman now," he said, squeezing you before you both let go of each other.

"Thank you," you smiled shyly, "And thank you for picking me up."

"You still have that irrational fear of taxis?" he smirked, putting your suitcase in the backseat.

"It's not irrational!" you protested, getting into the car after he opened the passenger door for you, "There is a one in 5,000 chance that I'll be kidnapped in my lifetime!"

"But that statistic isn't about people who drive taxis," Ryan countered after getting in the driver seat, "So, statistically speaking, I could be kidnapping you right now." He started the car and began driving, earning a sigh from you.

"Well, there goes me ever trusting anyone from elementary school ever again," you replied. Ryan simply laughed loudly, reaching over and placing his hand on your knee, patting it gently.

"All I'm saying is, the more afraid of everything you are, the less you're gonna go out and do something that could make you happy," he shook his head, "Like, what if there's a concert or something, but you have to take a cab to get there. Your soulmate could be there, but you wouldn't know because you were too scared to take the cab!"

"Ah, the classic soulmate argument," you rolled your eyes.

"Hey, you never know," Ryan shrugged, taking his hand back.