Lemonade Mouth (Calum Hood) - Part 2

One month later; Halloween Bash

"I can't find her anywhere," Calum breathed deeply from having been running throughout the school looking for any sign of you. He sat down beside Michael as he groaned.

"How are we supposed to go onstage without a singer?!" he exclaimed.

"Who, Y/N?" one of the tech people for the show asked, looking over his shoulder, "She went that way-" He pointed to a hallway. "-a few minutes ago; Looked like she was gonna hurl."

The boys looked at each other before jumping up and running to the bathroom. Upon reaching the entrance to the girls' restroom, the band walked through the doorway, but not into the room itself.

"Y/N?" Michael called out, "You in there?" They heard water running but as they listened closer, they could hear heavy breathing as well; And they knew you were there.

"Y/N!" Calum let out a sigh, "I'm coming in!"

"Calum!" the other boys hissed under their breaths, unable to stop him before he was entering the bathroom.

"Hey, Elyse," Calum smiled at the girl washing her hands. She simply sighed, drying her hands.

"I don't wanna know," she shook her head as she passed him, leaving him alone with you. He leaned down to look underneath all the stall doors, springing back upright when he found your feet and quickly going to the door.

"Hey, Y/N," he said softly, knocking on the stall door, "How are you feeling?"

"Like I... Like I'm gonna throw up..." you choked out. Calum swallowed thickly at hearing the obvious strain in your voice – a telltale signal to him that you'd been crying. "I just... I-I think it would b-be best if I- if I didn't go out there beca-because Kyle...and I-I can't..." you trailed off. His jaw tightened slightly at the mention of your now ex-boyfriend – he'd broken up with you when he found out you were in the band cutting his set in half at the dance – but it loosened before he started talking to you again.

"Come on, Y/N..." he murmured, "I know you're scared, but we've rehearsed these songs non-stop for the last month; We know them. And the boys and I will be right out there with you. We believe in you... I believe in you..."

The room was silent for a moment before Calum heard the lock on the door squeak, signaling that you were coming out. You opened the stall door slowly, allowing him to finally see you. He took your face in his hands and wiped your tears, smiling at you when he was done.

"We gonna do this?" he asked softly.

"We... We should go out there before- before I change my mind..." you breathed, making him chuckle lowly.

He pressed a kiss to your forehead before releasing your face and taking your hand, pulling you out of the bathroom. The other boys cheered when they noticed Calum pulling you along with him, happy that you'd agreed to perform.

The business of the gym died down the moment you all walked onto the stage. You jumped when a spotlight suddenly came on, causing you to squint at the brightness of it. People started whispering amongst each other so you couldn't understand what they were saying, but you did understand one of them.

"Nice costumes, losers!" Kyle hollered with a snicker, "Did Mommy help you get dressed?!"

You found yourself looking over your shoulder to where Calum was stood on the stage by Ashton's drums. He smiled reassuringly as he started playing the keyboard, and you took in a shaky breath as you turned back to the microphone in front of you.

[Y/N]

Trying hard to fight these tears, I'm crazy worried
Messing with my head, this fear, I'm so sorry
You know you gotta get it out, I can't take it
That's what being friends about

The room was quiet again, everyone looking around – and you noticed Kyle let out an obnoxious yawn – but you didn't dwell on it too much as Ashton, Michael, and Luke joined in with their instruments.

I, I wanna cry, I can't deny
Tonight, I wanna up and hide and get inside
It isn't right; I gotta live in my life

I know I, I know I, I know I gotta do it
I know I, I know I

[All]

I know I gotta do it!

[Y/N]

Gotta turn the world into your dance floor
Determinate, d-determinate
Push until you can't and then demand more
Determinate, d-determinate
You and me together, we can make it better
Gotta turn the world into your dance floor
Determinate, d-determinate

You couldn't help but smile as the students – aside from Kyle's group, obviously – were starting to get into it, dancing along to the song.

Hate to feel this way and waste a day
I gotta get myself on stage
I shouldn't wait or be afraid
The chips will fall where they may

I know I, I know I, I know I gotta do it
I know I, I know I

[All]

I know I gotta do it!

[Y/N]

Gotta turn the world into your dance floor
Determinate, d-determinate
Push until you can't and then demand more
Determinate, d-determinate
You and me together, we can make it better
Gotta turn the world into your dance floor
Determinate, d-determinate

Calum came out from behind his keyboard and snatched your microphone from your hand, making you laugh as he sang his part.

[Calum]

It's Cal and I'm heaven-sent, music like a veteran
Renegade, lemonade, use it in my medicine
Go ahead and try to name a band we ain't better than
Reason why the whole world's picking us instead of them
People need a breather 'cause they're feeling that adrenaline

Stop! Now hurry up and let us in
Knock! 'Cause we're coming to your house and
People keep on smiling like the lemons in their mouths
I'm the real deal, you know how I feel
When they're in it for a bill, I'm just in it for the thrill
Get down now, I ain't playin' around
Get your feet up on the ground and just make that sound like

You took your mic back so he could return to his spot and you could start singing again.

[Luke]

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

[Y/N]

Gotta turn the world into your dance floor
Determinate, d-determinate
Push until you can't and then demand more
Determinate, d-determinate
You and me together, we can make it better
Gotta turn the world into your dance floor
Determinate, d-determinate

Come on and come on and come on and get it going
Come on and, come on and come on and get it going
On the dance floor, on the dance floor, d-d-dance floor

Determinate

You, Calum, Ashton, Michael, and Luke took a moment to listen to the sounds of your classmates cheering when the song was over, looking at each other with small smiles on your faces. None of you were saying anything, but it was clear you were all thinking the same thing: you were finally being heard.

~

i deeply apologize for the bridge but nO ONE WOULD HELP DECIDE WHAT TO PUT INSTEAD OF "WEN"

inspiration: Lemonade Mouth

song used: "Determinate"
outfit: https://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=229529218