Destined to Explode (Alex Gaskarth) - Part 6

Live Rounds; Final 4

The building was buzzing with excited nerves, everyone getting ready for the show tonight. It was the semi-finals – the last show before the winner of The Voice would be named. Briana felt like she was going to throw up, taking deep breaths as Chloe was doing her makeup.

"You okay?" Chloe asked. Briana chuckled under her breath, relaxing a bit.

"Fine," she nodded, "Just a little nervous."

"You're going to do great; You always do."

"I know, but there's always that thought that I might mess up in the back of my head."

"Whoa there!" everyone in the room looked up at the door and found Danielle coming in, "Are we self-loving in here without me?"

"Not anymore," Briana laughed, earning herself a light slap to the arm as her best friend sat down in the chair beside hers.

"You're always nervous about forgetting the words or something," the brunette shook her head, "And then you always kill the performances."

"So do you!" she giggled, reaching over and hitting Danielle's leg. She rolled her eyes, turning back toward the mirror as Julia started fixing her hair. "Hey, which 5SOS song are you doing again?" Briana asked randomly.

"Vapor," Danielle replied. At that moment, one of the producers happened to be walking by the room and heard her answer.

"You're doing a 5SOS song already?" Frankie gave her a puzzled look.

"Yeah..." she trailed off, "What do you mean already?"

"Well, you know they're on the show tomorrow night-" Danielle obviously nodded, having been looking forward to this day since the contestants found out about it last week. "-and you're gonna be singing with them."

"I-I'm sorry?" she choked as she gasped slightly.

"You're singing Broken Home with them tomorrow," the producer smiled at her.

"No, I'm not," Danielle shook her head rapidly, "You see, I am not worthy of being on stage at the same time as 5 Seconds of Summer, let alone singing the single most heartbreaking song I have ever heard in my entire life."

"Come on, Danielle," Briana laughed, "Think about it: When are you ever going to get this opportunity again?"

"When I become ridiculously famous and they ask me to open for them on their next tour," she stated matter-of-factly, clearly having imagined a moment like it plenty of times before, "Then I'll sing with them all the time and Michael will try to annoy me by constantly quoting Mrs All American until he realizes it's impossible and he'll end up falling in love with me and we'll all live happily ever after." Everyone in the room looked at her with confused expressions for a moment before Briana burst into a fit of giggles.

"Yeah," she nodded, "Just in case that doesn't happen though, you should probably go ahead and sing the song with them."

~

Later that night, the contestants were getting ready for the show. Briana and Danielle were in wardrobe, picking out their outfits.

"What if you did like, a dark, flowy dress?" Briana suggested to her best friend, "I feel like it would fit the mood of your song."

"All these ones are long though," Danielle sighed, flicking past each hanger, "And you know how I feel about long dresses."

"Yeah," she snickered, "Wouldn't want to relive week seven again."