Broken Boy Meets Broken Girl (Luke Hemmings) - Part 2 *

Trigger warnings: Mentions of depression, attempted suicide

~

Five weeks later

It wasn't like he didn't notice you hadn't been coming to group therapy ever since that day; Everyone noticed you hadn't been coming. They would all ask Jessa about you – wondering if you were okay – and she would always assure them that you were fine, though she wouldn't go into any more detail than that.

After one such question – the question that started every group session for the past five weeks – Jessa got up to get something she'd forgotten in her office, leaving the group to talk amongst themselves for a couple moments. Of course, the group only voiced their concerns to each other for you, hoping that you were okay even though Jessa constantly assured them you were – you still went to one-on-one therapy with her, after all.

"Yeah," one of the members sighed, "It's not like Y/N to not come – even though she doesn't really say much, I like having her here." Everyone in the group agreed.

"What's her deal anyway?" Luke grumbled.

"Who, Y/N? She's tried to off herself a few times," the girl beside him responded despite the fact that he was clearly talking to himself.

"'Off herself'?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"You know," she said, "Commit suicide. Kill herself. End her life."

"I got it," he murmured as Jessa quickly walked back into the room upon hearing the girl's chatter.

"Michelle," she said firmly, "What are you talking about?"

"He asked about Y/N," she shrugged.

"You know you're not supposed to be gossiping about other people – especially not other patients," she stated.

"Well, he asked!" she said defensively.

"I don't care," Jessa raised her voice slightly, "Y/N doesn't go around telling everyone about why you're here, does she?" Michelle didn't answer – she simply rolled her eyes – and she turned to Luke.

Jessa didn't say anything – she just looked at him for a moment before returning to her chair – but he knew what she was thinking; He knew she knew he was the reason you hadn't been coming to group therapy.

And as much as it annoyed him to admit he was wrong, he knew he had to fix it.

~

Saturday evening

It wasn't until four days after finding out why you were in rehab that Luke went to your apartment. It was pretty difficult to find – Jessa obviously couldn't tell him your address, so he managed to convince someone in the group that had been to your place before to give it to him.

Luke stood in front of your door for a moment, just staring at the number. His mind was racing with things he wanted to say and how he wanted to say them. But he knew he'd eventually psych himself out if he didn't do it now, so he went for it.

He knocked on your door a few times, waiting for a moment before hearing you walking toward it. He could feel his heartbeat in his throat as you opened the door, the butterflies in his stomach going crazy at the surprised look on your face.

"Wha-What are you doing here?" you asked as confidently as you could but your voice was still small.

"I, uh..." Luke cleared his throat nervously, "I just wanted to come by and...apologize for what happened the other day... It was uncalled for of me to treat you like that..." You were silent for a few seconds, and Luke watched you gulp lightly.