Need (Michael Clifford) - Part 2

no one wanted this but i wrote it anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry if u don't remember part 1. it's somewhere in the first book lmao

~

"You're what?!" Luke nearly shouted, causing everyone around the two of you to start staring. He blushed deeply, sinking down in his seat. You gave them a look and they simply went back to their conversations.

"I'm going on a date with Michael next Friday night," you repeated, shrugging casually.

"Why?!" he whispered, "I told you he's a terrible person! He doesn't deserve to be shown kindness!"

"You know, Luke," you rolled your eyes, "I think if the two of you actually took the time to get to know each other, you would find you've got a lot in common."

"Not a chance," he protested before mumbling, "I can't believe you would do this to me."

"Why is this about you all of a sudden?" you asked rather loudly, standing up. You put your hands on the table and leaned toward him, your voice dangerously low. "I really like Michael," you told him, "And I'm sorry that you don't, but I am not going to reject him just because of all your bullshit drama that won't even matter in a couple years." His eyes widened, never having heard you speak that way – let alone to him – before. "I'll see you in gym," you finished through gritted teeth, grabbing your Poptart wrapper and walking away, leaving Luke to finish the rest of his breakfast alone.

You sighed to yourself as you opened your locker door. You really didn't mean to be that harsh with Luke, but it made you angry that he and Michael wouldn't even try to settle their differences. You knew they would be great friends if they'd just give it a chance.

Before you could grab your History book, you felt arms wrap around your waist from behind you. You couldn't help but giggle as Michael pressed his face against your neck.

"Are we starting this so soon?" you asked.

"Do you not want me to?" he tensed up. He started to take his arms back, but you held them in place. You leaned back onto him, tilting your head on his shoulder so you could kiss his cheek.

"I don't want your arms to ever not be around me," you assured him. He smiled and kissed your cheek as well.

"How did it go with Luke?" Michael asked. You groaned lightly, making him laugh, "That bad, huh?" You shrugged. "I'll talk to him." You raised your eyebrows at him.

"Michael," you stated.

"It'll be fine; No name calling, no yelling, no chasing him down the hallway," he promised you, "Just a civilized conversation between best friend and hopefully future boyfriend." You blushed lightly and Michael smiled again, kissing your forehead. "I'll see you in Chem, okay?" You nodded and he let go of you, walking away.

You immediately missed the feeling of his arms around you, much like you did the day you held him as he cried. You smiled to yourself as you gathered up your things for History before closing your locker door and heading to the classroom.

~

Michael's POV

After school, Michael had walked you to your bus, kissing your cheek just before you got on. He wanted to talk to Luke, but you had to be home right away because you were going on a trip with your family that weekend, so you just opted to take the bus. You told Michael that Luke would probably be in the band room – he went there every Friday after school because his mom was usually a little later – so that's where he was walking to now.