Mischief Managed (Ashton Irwin) - Part 1

listen. i couldnt come up with a better title ok. im sorry.

~

The first day of your first year at Hogwarts was nerve-racking to say the least. You had been far too shy to approach anyone on the train on the way there, so you had no one that could help you make your transition into the wizarding school easier. You simply followed the crowd of other first years as they followed Professor McGonagall to the Great Hall, sitting down in preparation for the sorting ceremony and feast.

But sitting on the chair with the Sorting Hat on your head and everyone watching was a whole new level of nervousness.

"Ah!" the Sorting Hat exclaimed once it was placed on your head, "Finally, a challenging sort! Very brave qualities, but also an incredibly brilliant mind. Yes, I know just where to put you... Slytherin!"

Now, you believed that the Sorting Hat would never place a student in the wrong house, but you couldn't say that you were a little surprised. Growing up, your father always told you that your mother was sure you'd be a Gryffindor – but since she had been a Gryffindor herself, maybe she was just being biased.

Everyone watched as you made your way to the Slytherin table, a bit bewildered to say the least. You didn't really look the part of a Slytherin, but then again, they didn't know you; For all they knew, you were the picture perfect member of the Hogwarts house.

Your eyes met the bright blue ones of a blonde boy, the black piercing in his lip contrasting the paleness of his skin. He smiled at you, patting the open seat next to him. You smiled shyly, climbing over the bench and sitting down.

"Hi!" the boy said cheerfully, "I'm Luke!"

"Y/N," you smiled back.

"Don't worry," he chuckled, "When I was a first year last year, no one thought I would be a Slytherin either."

"You kind of look the part though," you commented, pointing to the corner of your mouth where his lip ring was located on his.

"I got this thing so I did look the part," he laughed, "But once people get to know you, they'll come to understand why you were sorted here."

"Even me?"

"Even you," he nodded.

When sorting was over and the feast began, Luke introduced you to all of his friends in the Slytherin house. It wasn't until you were finished eating that he introduced you to his three best friends, who were in different houses.

"Ash," Luke turned, patting the shoulder of a boy sitting at the Hufflepuff table. The brown-haired boy didn't even seem to glance at Luke before his eyes were on you, showing off his dimples as he smiled. "Ash, this is Y/N. Y/N, this is Ashton," Luke told you, "He's a Hufflepuff, but I still like him anyway." Ashton rolled his eyes.

"Very funny, Luke," he said monotonously before smiling at you again. "It's nice to meet you, Y/N! You can just call me Ash if you want. Everyone else does," he chirped, "And don't let Luke get you into too much trouble."

"Please," the blonde scoffed, "If anyone's going to get her in trouble, it would Calum and Michael. They're in Gryffindor, so we'll meet them later," he explained, causing you to nod, "They always seem to be getting into some kind of mischief, but they never invite me." You giggled softly, not even noticing the way the corner of Ashton's mouth twitched when you did. "Anyway, the boys and I always go the Secret Garden after these feasts to hang out," Luke said, "Do you want to come with us?"