Diamond Girl (Maxx Danziger) - Part 3

Your POV; Two months later

You'd been internally battling with yourself on whether or not to take a step back from YouTube for about a week after the breakup before finally deciding to do it. You ended up taking a break from all forms of social media – although you did pop up here and there to post photos on Instagram just so fans knew you were fine and didn't think you'd dropped off the face of the earth.

Maxx had been spending most of his free time with you these days, only really ever going home to sleep and to make sure Pistol was being taken care of – even though he knew she was, he still wanted to see her. You'd joked with him many times that he should just bring the cat with him since he practically lived with you at this point, but he would simply smile and tell you to stop being silly.

If only he knew how serious you were being though.

It was one such day when Maxx was over at your place. You were both sitting on the floor playing video games – him resting up against the couch and you in his lap, your back on his chest and your head tucked comfortably under his chin. He would reach over and move your analog sticks every once in a while in the hopes of messing you up, but it never worked. Instead, you would giggle and pull your controller away from him, smacking his hand gently.

After a while though, you got bored of playing video games yourself and instead just decided to watch Maxx play. You repositioned yourself to lay more with your head on his shoulder as his arms hugged your waist tighter and he held his controller in your lap.

"How are you feeling today?" Maxx asked you softly while you watched his character run around on the television screen. He would ask you this every day and, although it tended to feel like a bit much, you were just happy he cared about you.

"It's a good day," you replied.

"Sure that wasn't just because I brought a pizza over?" he asked, earning himself a small laugh and a slap to the thigh.

"Maybe, but at least it was a good day," you told him to which he hummed in agreement.

It was quiet again, the only sounds being the ones coming from the game. But you couldn't keep yourself silent anymore.

"I really miss making videos," you admitted, "But I'm not ready to go back to doing it."

"It's okay to miss it," Maxx told you, "You don't have to constantly be doing something just to remind yourself that you still enjoy it."

"I know, but it's just... The reason I don't want to is because people always want me to sing Set It Off songs... And I want to, but... I don't want to hear his voice anymore," you sighed.

"I'll make sure he sings as little as possible on the next record then," Maxx said without missing a beat.

"But you'll be singing instead?" you smiled slightly.

"Whatever you want, princess," he grinned, kissing the skin right above your cheekbone.

"Thanks, Maxx," you whispered, closing your eyes and nuzzling your face in his neck, "I don't know what I'd do without you."

"You'd probably be eating twice your weight in ice cream and watching sappy romantic comedies on Netflix all day," he said matter-of-factly. He felt you laugh, the sound slightly muffled by his skin.

"Stop being so mean to me," you pouted. He simply smiled again, tightening his hold on you.

Maxx rested his head on top of yours as you both went back to watching the game on your TV, and you just laid there, hoping one day, you'd be brave enough to tell him how you felt.