One in Seven Billion (Ashton Irwin) - Part 3

Your POV

After coming out of the bathroom, Calum had taken you to the stage, letting you see what it was like from the band's point of view. You were both sitting on the edge of the runway – you simply admiring the empty arena. But it quickly became clear that Calum's intentions weren't to just show you around the venue.

"If I ask you a question, do you promise you'll answer it honestly?" he asked you. You sighed softly, already knowing what he was leading up to.

"Is this about when I was acting funny earlier?"

"After Ashton signed your coffee cup? Yeah," he nodded.

"What about it?"

"I think you know what about it, Y/N," he said seriously. You kept your eyes trained on the empty seats, hearing Calum sigh next to you. "Is Ashton your soulmate?" he asked bluntly.

"Yeah," you swallowed thickly.

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"He should be with someone else," you whispered, "Someone who can handle things people would say about them."

"But someone else isn't his soulmate, Y/N; You are," Calum shook his head, "Ever since I've known him, people introducing themselves as Y/N has gotten his hopes up and he's so sure that you're it for him. I get that you're scared, but you can't take that away from him."

"H-He has my name?" you asked, finally looking up at him, "But how does he know it's me?"

"There's only one way to find out, you know," he replied, taking his Sharpie out of his pocket and holding it out to you.

"Does this count?" you furrowed your eyebrows, "Doesn't he have to ask for it?"

"Well, the thing is you just have to write it for him, so it might. We'll never know if you don't try it out." You took a deep breath and took the marker from Calum.

You pulled your cup sleeve out of your pocket, staring at Ashton's name for a moment. You uncapped the Sharpie and carefully signed your name on the inside of the sleeve – right behind Ashton's. Everything was silent for a moment before Calum stood up.

"I'll go check on Ashton," he said, leaving before you could respond.

So you sat alone, anxiously waiting to know whether or not Ashton Irwin was your soulmate.

~

Ashton's POV

As Ashton, Michael, and Luke were trying to think of possible ways to get you to write your name for Ashton without you knowing that was what you were doing, Ashton started to feel a tingly sensation on the skin covering his collarbone. He was able to ignore it at the beginning, but when it started to feel increasingly more like a burn, he couldn't stop himself.

"What the fuck?!" he groaned, his palm instantly sliding under his shirt and pressing onto his skin.

"What's wrong, Ash?" Luke asked, the concern in his voice very obvious.

"My skin just started...burning," he shook his head in confusion. Once the boys noticed where Ashton's hand was, their eyes widened.

"Isn't that where Y/N's name is?" Michael pointed out. Ashton immediately pulled his collar down and moved his hand, looking at the redness that outlined your signature.

"Holy shit," the two blondes said in unison, wide smiles on their faces.

"How is that possible?!" Ashton shook his head, "I didn't ask her to write her name!"

"You know... No one ever said you had to ask," Luke said, "She just had to have written it for you."

"Why would she have written it for me now?"

Suddenly, the door opened and Calum came sauntering into the room. Ashton knew right then and there by the smirk on his face that his best friend had every little thing to do with it.

"Calum-"

"Well, you weren't going to ask her!" Calum said defensively. Ashton's breathing hitched.

"She really did write it?" he murmured, more to himself than to anyone else.

"She's sitting on the stage," he shrugged, "Go ask her yourself."

Ashton didn't need to be told twice, hopping up and practically sprinting out of the room.

Your POV

You looked behind you when you heard someone running into the room, watching Ashton stop to catch his breath, blushing when he realized you were looking at him. He then walked over and sat down beside you in the spot Calum previously occupied. Neither of you spoke for a moment – not too sure what to say – until Ashton asked you the only thing he could make sense of.

"Can I see it?" he asked shyly, hoping the question wouldn't creep you out.

You didn't say anything, you just pulled the cuff of your shorts up just enough so he could see his signature inked onto your skin. He went to touch it, but held back, not wanting to scare you away by touching you without your permission.

"Why didn't you say anything when I signed your cup?" He seemed so hurt that you'd just left without telling him he was your soulmate and you honestly felt guilty.

"I don't... I don't get that lucky, Ashton," you shook your head, "I'm not the girl that meets a celebrity and finds out they're my soulmate."

"That's because you hadn't met me before today," he commented, making you laugh unintentionally. Ashton smiled at the sound, already thinking he could get used to hearing it every day. But your expression fell slightly, making him perk up.

"I thought management wanted you to stay single for fans," you said softly.

"So what if they do?" he said, making you look at him, "They can keep me from dating other people, but they can't keep me from being with you, Y/N. You're my soulmate; Not anyone else. If people are going to be angry that I'm not theirs, that's their problem. I've dated so many people before and even after your name showed up on my skin." He pulled his shirt down so you could see your signature, and you lifted your hand up to run your fingers over it as he continued talking. "Nothing ever worked out with them," he shook his head, "But you... I can't tell you what it was, but something drew me to you when I saw you walk out of that shop today. Things started to feel right when I met you and it was like I knew that this tattoo was yours. I know I won't be able to stop people from being rude to you about being my soulmate – and God, Y/N, I wish I could – but they're going to find their soulmates someday too. I finally found mine, Y/N. Please... Just don't make me keep living without you." You let out a shaky breath, leaning in and resting your forehead on his.

"I won't, Ash," you promised him, feeling him let out a sigh of relief.

Ashton put one of his hands on your cheek, the other resting right on top of your exposed tattoo. His lips were on yours in a matter of seconds and the both of you instantly smiled. Your heart was beating a mile a minute and the butterflies in your stomach were going absolutely crazy, but you didn't care.

You had finally met your soulmate, and you weren't ever letting him go.

~

inspiration: http://thegeminisage.tumblr.com/post/94680598838