Mine (Ashton Irwin) - Part 2

Over the next couple days, Ashton would subtly ask you about your thoughts on taking Gemma to Disneyland for her birthday; The only problem was he would still ask about it right in front of her. Ashton wasn't normally the type to continue doing something after you told him to stop, so it understandably confused you as to why he kept doing it.

And the confusion finally became too much.

After you put Gemma to bed and waited a bit so you were sure she was asleep, you decided to confront Ashton. You hoped it wouldn't turn into an argument – God knows you hated fighting with Ashton – but you knew you had to bring it up eventually if you ever wanted it to stop.

"Ash," you whispered as you walked into the living room where he was sitting, not wanting to risk Gemma waking up to hear it, "We need to talk."

"About what?" he asked, putting the book he was holding down so you had his undivided attention. You took a deep breath in before just saying it.

"Can you maybe...stop talking about Disney in front of Gemma...?" you asked with a small sigh.

"Well, when else am I supposed to bring it up?" he scoffed, "She's always with you." Your heart skipped slightly – you really hadn't expected the conversation to go south that quickly.

"When she's sleeping," you grumbled – you figured it wasn't that difficult to figure out.

"I don't get why you're so upset," he insisted, "It's just a weekend-long vacation – it's not like we're moving into Sleeping Beauty's castle."

"Quit being ridiculous," you stated with a deadpan expression.

"I'm just trying to help!" he exclaimed softly as to not disturb the sleeping toddler down the hallway, "You know, like I said I would when you moved in?"

"She's still my daughter, Ashton!" you shook your head, "I should be the one making decisions about what she gets and where she goes and when she does it and who she does it with until she's old enough to make those decisions on her own!"

"Well, I'm sorry I just want her to be happy," he scoffed, crossing his arms.

"And you think I don't?!" you whispered, shaking your head.

"You certainly don't act like it!" he rolled his eyes, "You're always telling her she can't have something or she can't go somewhere! How is she supposed to be happy if you're always telling her no?"

"She doesn't need material things to be happy, Ashton!" you reminded him, "You keep getting her everything she wants and then I look like the asshole when I can't buy her a goddamn candy bar!"

"I make my own money, Y/N," he stated, "I can decide who and what I spend it on."

"God," you let out an exasperated breath, "This is why I'm saving to move out."

"Well, I'm sorry I care about your daughter!"

"Well, if you care about her so much, why don't you take her?!" you spat back.

Ashton's heart started pounding against his chest as you grabbed your keys and wallet, heading to the front door. He grabbed your hand before you could slip through the opening, following you out into the hallway, only to have you turn and grin sarcastically at him.

"You should really get back inside, Ashton," you told him, "It would be pretty irresponsible to leave your daughter home alone."

You ripped your hand out of his and walked down the hallway to the elevator to leave the apartment building, leaving Ashton not knowing where to go from here.