Truth or Dare (Ashton Irwin)

Another weekend, another party at the Beta Omega Rho frat house. There were tons of people there from every single house across campus, even you. You were never one to join in any fraternity or sorority parties unless it was a party hosted by your best friend's house.

You and Ashton had known each other since before freshman year had even started and he would always beg you to come to his frat when they threw these parties. And let's be clear on one thing: The only reason you went was because Ashton pulled the same move every time – puppy-dog eyes and the famous pout that could get anyone to agree to whatever he wanted.

You found yourself sitting on the couch in the living room very early on, sitting behind Ashton as he and his brothers played truth or dare with a handful of girls who wanted to play as well. You were never one for these games – those boys always made each other do or admit something embarrassing and although you were friends with all of them, you didn't trust them during games like this.

Ashton was propped against the couch in front of you as you absentmindedly toyed around with the hair peeking out from his snapback. You finally snatched the hat off of his head, causing Ashton to look over his shoulder at you as placed it backwards on your own. You smiled innocently at him, returning your fingers to his head.

"It was in my way," you stated with a small shrug. Ashton simply smiled, turning back around and leaning further toward you, allowing you to reach his hair more easily, finding the way you ran your fingers through it to be relaxing.

~

The group had been playing their game for a good hour now and, as expected, it was nothing short of embarrassing for all of them. You had to admit though, some of these people were really good at choosing dares to give each other.

"Irwin!" Michael chirped when it was Ashton's turn again, "Truth or dare?"

"Dare," Ashton said confidently – typical Ashton, always picking dare. The blue-haired boy tapped his index finger on his chin as if he didn't already know what he was going to dare Ashton to do.

"I dare you..." he trailed off for dramatic effect – typical Michael, "...I dare you to kiss the prettiest girl in the room."

You rolled your eyes at the sheer childishness of the dare, but maybe you were more jealous than anything. You were never 'the prettiest girl in the room' by any standards of the people who sat in the truth or dare circle, but that wasn't what had you feeling the way you were.

You'd had a crush on Ashton ever since you met him at freshman orientation two years ago. You two quickly became inseparable – the dynamic duo whose friendship everyone seemed to be jealous of.

But isn't that always how it goes? Someone falls for their best friend and just sits on it because they don't want to lose them.

Honestly, you thought about getting up and walking out of the room the moment the words left Michael's mouth. You didn't want to watch Ashton kiss someone else – despite the fact that you knew damn well you weren't going to confess your feelings before he kissed another girl in front of all these people.

So you just sat there, waiting for the Ashton to take his turn and be done with it.

But when Ashton sat up on his knees and turned around to face you, your heart started racing. He placed his hands on your knees and leaned forward, pressing his lips to the corner of your mouth – not quite touching your lips, but just enough so that you could feel the warmness of his breath on them. You swallowed thickly as he moved back, giving you the signature dimpled smile that surely would have made your knees weak if you had been standing.