Out of the Woods (Maxx Danziger) - Part 1

basically this is what i'm assuming everything after the first half of season one of revolution was probably bc honestly i stopped watching it (spoiler alert) after danny died

Trigger warning: If the idea of kidnappings is triggering to you, please don't read this

~

Flashback

"Y/N!" you heard your younger brother shout. You spun around, your eyes widening as you saw he was being dragged away by a militia officer.

"Jace!" you screamed, running after them.

You grabbed his arm, only to be pushed back by the man who was taking him. The officer didn't so much as breathe loud enough for you to hear – of course, that may have been because you were too busy tumbling to the ground.

There were tears streaming down Jace's face as he was being shoved into a car. He pounded on the back window, calling your name as you ran toward the car. Unfortunately, it immediately sped off, leaving you behind knowing there was no way you'd be able to catch it on foot.

And that was when you started to panic.

You ran in the opposite direction, back to the house where your friends were waiting. You stormed into the house, making them all jump. Their heads snapped up and they watched you slam the door behind you. They looked at each other for a moment before following you into the bedroom where you kept all your gear.

"Where have you been?" Cody exclaimed, "We've been worried sick!"

"Where's the food?" Zach asked.

"Where's your brother...?" Maxx trailed off, making the boys' eyes widen.

"What are you doing?" Dan asked you.

You grabbed a backpack, filling it partially with the non-perishable foods you kept in case of emergencies, as much ammo as you could foresee yourself needing, and a couple of the spare handguns.

"Are we even here right now?!" Maxx shouted. You closed the backpack and stood up, grabbing your usual gun, finally looking at the boys. He let out a deep breath, "Would you mind telling us what's going on now? Where's Jace?"

"Those assholes took my brother," you stated through gritted teeth, "And I'm going to get him back."

"Wait, the militia took Jace?" Dan furrowed his eyebrows.

You didn't say anything; you just stomped back out the door. The boys looked at each other, all silently agreeing that you were officially insane. They quickly chased after you, reaching you once you'd gotten to the street in front of the house.

"You are actually crazy if you're thinking about going alone," Cody told you.

"Well, I'm sure as hell not going to sit around and wait for a fucking search party," you spat, not even so much as glancing over your shoulder.

"You're really going to take on the militia?" Dan raised an eyebrow.

"If I have to."

"What in God's name does that mean?" Zach spoke up.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Maxx said, grabbing your arm and spinning you to a stop, "You are not taking on the militia, Y/N."

"Maxx," you growled, "If you do not let go of me in the next three seconds, so help me God, I will-"

"No, you won't," he challenged, "You know you can't possibly take on something like the militia by yourself!"

Your jaw tightened and you spun around so your back was to him. Now that you had better control, your elbow went straight to his stomach.