Our Little Secret (Luke Hemmings) - Part 2

Two years later

"Hey, princess," Luke smirked as you walked into his office, "We still on for tonight?"

"On for what?" you smiled slightly, placing the stack of papers on his desk.

"We haven't done it on the kitchen counter for a while," he winked.

You giggled softly as you rolled your eyes, shoving his shoulder and beginning to walk out of the room. You heard Luke get up from his chair before feeling him grab your hand and turn you around.

"I was thinking pizza and How I Met Your Mother reruns at my place," he offered.

"Make it pizza and FRIENDS reruns and I'm there," you replied.

"Done," he agreed immediately, leaning in to kiss your cheek quickly. "Love you, princess," he murmured even though you were nowhere where anyone would hear him. You felt a smile pull at the corner of your mouth.

"Love you too, Lukey," you returned a kiss of your own, pecking his lips. He let go of your hand and let you go back to your desk, not wanting people to think you'd been in his office for too long.

~

The next day

You had returned from your lunch break about an hour ago and were finishing up some paperwork. You were so immersed in your job that you barely heard anything when another person approached your desk.

"Miss Y/L/N," you heard someone say, making you look up. Your eyes widened upon seeing Charles Adler, the president of the company's board – Luke's boss – standing in front of your desk.

"Yes, sir?" you swallowed.

"I need to speak with you and Mr. Hemmings in the conference room right away," he said monotonously, not even giving you a chance to acknowledge the order before he walked toward the room.

You waited until he disappeared into the hallway before jumping up and running to Luke's office door. You knocked, but didn't wait for the okay to enter. You just went in and quickly closed the door behind you. He was on the phone, but when he saw the look you were giving him, he knew whatever had brought you there was important.

"Hey, I'm gonna have to call you back, Mum," Luke said, "My love needs me." You rolled your eyes as he winked at you. "Okay," he nodded despite the fact that Liz couldn't see him, "Yeah, we'll see you tonight. Love you too." He ended the call and stuck his cell back into his pocket. "Hey, princess..." he said slowly, "Is something wrong?"

"'Your love' doesn't need you, Luke," you informed him, "But your boss does." Luke's eyes widened just as yours had.

"Okay," he cleared his throat, picking up his office phone, "What line is he on?"

"Conference room," you mumbled.

"He's here?"

"He said he needs to see us."

"Us?" his eyes widened just as yours had, "Why both of us?"

"I don't know, but I'd really rather not keep him waiting," you replied. Luke immediately agreed, jumping up and walking over to you.

"Whatever it is, princess, I'm sure it'll be fine," he said reassuringly, kissing your forehead, "Maybe I'm getting promoted."

"He wants to tell you that in front of me as well?" you giggled.

"Well, obviously, if I get promoted, you're getting promoted with me," he shrugged, a cocky grin on his face, "You're the only assistant I've kept around for more than six months."