Fix You (Ashton Irwin)

i know this is incredibly late. u dont need to tell me.

~

April 2015

When you heard Ashton Irwin was going to be going to Coachella, you knew you had to go. You had never been before, so when your best friend Ali – who lived about an hour and a half south of your town and went to the festival every year – asked you to go with her, as she did every year since you met her, you finally caved in.

The Thursday before the festival, she drove to your apartment, not even greeting you before asking why you all of a sudden agreed to go with her. There was no use in lying to her – she'd been your best friend for so long that, even though you'd met online and that was really the only way you talked to her, she would know whether or not you were being truthful. Obviously, being a fan of the band as well – you'd actually met because of 5 Seconds of Summer after following each other – she freaked out over you telling her that you heard Ashton would be there.

It was around noon on Friday and you were sitting on a bench beside one of the wifi spots on the fairgrounds the festival was being held on, waiting for the band Ali was seeing to finish their set. You had your headphones in – not really paying attention to anything around you – as you scrolled through Twitter.

You were minding your own business – liking a couple tweets here and there – and you weren't really fazed when you felt someone sit down beside you. You simply swiped up on the bottom of your screen to pull up your music, wanting to change the song. You tapped the next button a couple times, hearing the person next to you speak up.

"Oh, I liked that song," he said.

Your heart immediately skipped a beat – you knew that Australian accent anywhere. Your head snapped up to find Ashton Irwin smiling at you.

"Really?" you couldn't help but grin as you tugged on the cord, causing the headphones to fall onto your lap. The song you'd just skipped was Don't Stop, so you knew he was joking.

"You're right; You got me," he laughed with a shrug, "Just trying to start a conversation."

"I think 'Hey, my name's Ashton and I'm kind of offended you skipped my song' would have worked just as well," you pointed out.

"I'll remember that for next time," he smiled again, "But I do think it's unfair that you know my name when I don't know yours."

"Y/N," you said shyly.

"So, Y/N, what bands did you come to see?" Ashton asked you.

"Well, the only people I've heard of are playing Sunday," you told him, "But I don't really even listen to them. Ali just didn't want to come alone all weekend, so I figured I'd tag along."

"But there's like, a hundred bands playing today!" he exclaimed, "How have you not heard of at least one of them?!" You laughed at his outburst.

"I'm more of a Warped Tour kind of girl," you shrugged.

"I'm going to fix you, Y/N," Ashton informed you, making you roll your eyes. "Okay," he stated, his phone in his hand, "He doesn't play until 2:35, but I really think you'd like George Ezra... You know, if you'd like to join me..."

"I wouldn't want to just invite myself like that, Ash," you shook your head, "I'm sure your friends want to spend time with you."

"You aren't inviting yourself, Y/N – I'm asking you to come. Only a couple of my friends are seeing him with me because the others are seeing other bands." You looked at him for a moment.