All of My Regrets (Calum Hood) - Part 3

Four months later

You had only left your apartment in the last four months now because of your job and you'd been sleeping on your couch, your bed too painful of a reminder that Calum was never coming back. Maybe you were being a little overdramatic or whatever, but that didn't mean you weren't hurt. You were still in love with him and no matter how stupid you felt still being hung up on him was going to change anything.

But Micah was the definition of an angel, honestly. She stayed with you as often as she could, only really leaving your side when one of you had to go to work or she had to get something from the store for you.

Micah was out at the store one such night upon your request for some of your favorite candy. She was looking at the shelves, trying to find it, when she heard someone's shoes squeak on the linoleum floor right after coming into the aisle. She looked up and noticed one of Calum's best friends staring at her with wide eyes.

"Why are you looking at me like that, Hemmo?" Micah asked him, "Hood was the one who fucked up, not you."

"Haven't heard that nickname in a while," Luke said softly, turning to face the shelves with her.

"Yeah, well, I don't get to abuse you as much anymore," she said, "You guys all still living together?"

"Yup," the blonde shifted awkwardly.

"Good," she stated, "If you could tell Calum he's dead to me, that would be fantastic."

"Hasn't Michael already told him that for you...?" he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Yeah, but that was when they broke up. Now I want him to know he's dead to me for breaking her heart all over again."

"'All over again'?"

"Listen, Hemmo," she said, "I put Y/N back together after the breakup – which wasn't easy, by the way – and everything was fine. But then, the two drunken idiots decided to hook up and he told her it was a mistake and she's been an absolute mess ever since. And let me tell you, I can't keep buying comfort foods every three days!"

"Wait, so she... She doesn't regret it?" Luke shook his head.

"What the hell made you think that?!" Micah exclaimed.

"Cal said he heard her crying after he left her place when he went to talk to her about hooking up..."

"Well, Cal says a lot of things, but that doesn't mean they're right!" Luke paused for a moment, staring blankly at the items on the shelf in front of him before looking back at Micah.

"So what do we do?"

"I am going to buy Y/N her favorite candy and watch movies with her like I have been for the last four months," she spat, "I don't give a shit what you do with Calum." Micah grabbed two bags of bite-sized candy off of the shelf and stomped away, leaving Luke standing there in shock.

When he finally snapped out of it, he quickly picked up the boxes of candy Michael and Ashton had asked for as well as something for himself before hurrying to a register to pay.

~

"Guys!" Luke said upon seeing Michael and Ashton in the living room when he entered the home, "Is Cal back yet?"

"Nah, he's still at his parents'," Ashton replied, "Why? What's up?"

"I ran into Micah at the store – she told me to tell him he's dead to her again," he informed them, walking over to the couch and handing them their candy before plopping down.

"Haven't I already passed on that message?" Michael wondered.

"Yeah..." he trailed off, "About that... Turns out Y/N doesn't regret it and Micah's been constantly buying comfort foods for her because she hasn't stopped crying since Calum told her hooking up was a mistake."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Ashton shook his head, "So you're saying Cal was wrong?"

"Well, if I'm not, I'm saying he's very, very not right."

"Then what do we do?" Michael asked, "He's not going to just believe us if we tell him ourselves."

"We have to get them in the same room again somehow," Luke sighed, "They have to see how much of a mess each other is."

"Do either of you still have Micah's number?"

"I do!" Ashton chirped, digging his phone out of his pocket.

"Text her and ask if she can meet up tomorrow," Michael said, "We need to come up with a plan."

~

Your POV

"Hey, Mic..." you said slowly, your eyes locked on the screen of the phone lying beside you.

"Yeah?" Micah called out, walking back into the room with the popcorn she just took out of the microwave.

"Why is Ashton asking you to meet up with him?"

"Huh?" she furrowed her eyebrows, picking up her phone and opening the message. She read it with a confused expression on her face, texting him back anyway. "Maybe he meant to text Michael," she shrugged. You shrugged as well, turning your attention back to the movie – it seemed like a logical enough explanation.

But what you didn't realize was that Micah kept receiving and sending texts back and forth with Ashton, hatching a plan to get you and Calum back together.