Unconventional (Cody Carson) - Part 3

Two months later

36:19:06:42
36:19:06:41
36:19:06:40
36:19:06:39
36:19:06:38

Over two months after you left, you couldn't really say you felt any better. Before now, you never knew that another soulmate clock could appear on your skin. You were raised to believe that you only had one soulmate – one person out in the world that was perfect for you. But to have a new soulmate clock after your break up with Cody?

Your friends tried to comfort you – if you could call it that – but all it ever ended up being was them passive-aggressively telling you they told you so. And Hannah, Abby, and Luke – who you kept in contact and even hung out with from time-to-time after the concert you met them at – tried helping you through it too.

But you were too far gone at this point.

You had to give them credit though – they still asked you if you wanted to go out with them every Friday and Saturday night in the hopes of lifting your spirits because, honestly, even you would have ditched yourself by now. And you did – you did go out with them – but it wasn't very fun for you, to be quite honest. You were always thinking about Cody and always staring down at the clock on your wrist.

~

One month later

00:22:19:56
00:22:19:55
00:22:19:54
00:22:19:53
00:22:19:52

"Let me get this straight," you said into your phone, "You want me to go to a show my ex-boyfriend is playing tomorrow night?"

"Yes," Hannah stated simply.

"And why exactly do you think I would do that?"

"Because you're still hurting," Abby chimed in, "You're nowhere near being close to over him, and we think you owe it to both him and yourself to get some closure to the situation."

"But I-"

"You're done avoiding this, Y/N," Luke interrupted firmly, clearly over your attitude about the breakup, "I will be over at your place at 6:30 tomorrow night whether I have to drag you to the venue in your pajamas or not."

"Lucas-" You were cut off again by all three of them hanging up their phones.

You stared at the 'CALL ENDED' screen for a few seconds before groaning loudly, locking your phone, and throwing it to the other end of your bed.

~

The next evening

00:03:37:03
00:03:37:02
00:03:37:01
00:03:37:00
00:03:36:59

As promised, Luke showed up at your place at 6:30 on the dot. You, knowing full-well that he was serious in his threat to take you to the concert in your pajamas, had gotten dressed half an hour before he arrived.

Before you had the chance to shut the door in his face and lock it, he grabbed your hand and pulled you out of your apartment. You squeaked lightly, thankful you already had your phone in your pocket.

Luke took you out to his car, still being a gentleman and opening doors for you, and you made your way to the venue. He parked around back – which you thought was a little strange, but just brushed it off.

You met Hannah and Abby at the back door where they handed you both backstage passes to wear around your necks so no one questioned why you were back there. You immediately knew that something was going on – you just couldn't figure out what.