Through It All (Luke Hemmings) - Part 1

happy birthday to meeee. happy birthday to youuuu. happy birthday to everybodyyyy. happy birthday to ussss. 🎉🎉🎉

i always post an imagine on my birthday (almost; birthday weekend this time. whatever), so this is what this year's is!!!!! i hope u like it!!!!!

~

​It wasn't an unusual sight for the people in Straus Hall to see you walking through the dormitory's hallways. What was unusual, though, was the fact that now, you had an anything but pleased look on your face.

It was Saturday afternoon and you were supposed to have lunch with your best friend that day. But when he didn't show up, you knew exactly where he was – the only place he ever was these days: in his dorm room studying until he inevitably caused himself to have a panic attack.

You stopped at Luke's door, instantly pounding your fist on the wood. You waited for a couple seconds before knocking again, just as loudly as the first time. People in the halls watched on nervously from afar – they could tell you were pissed and they knew Luke was in big trouble.

You finally growled lowly, realizing Luke wasn't going to answer his door, and went to the room next door. You knocked for a moment before it was being pulled open and you were met with a very confused Ashton.

"What are you doing here?" he asked you, "I thought you and Luke were-"

"Give me his room key," you grumbled, making Ashton's eyes widen, instantly knowing Luke had forgotten about his plans that day.

He quickly got the spare key to Luke's dorm from his desk drawer, following you out into the hallway after he handed it to you. He remained at his dorm room, however, as you unlocked the door and turned back to him. You tossed the key back to him, not even bothering to mutter a 'thank you' as you opened the door and let it shut behind you – though, Ashton did say a short prayer that his best friend would make it through whatever was about to happen to him.

You found Luke sitting on top of his bed – his textbooks and notes spread out in front of him with headphones in his ears, explaining why he hadn't heard you knocking. But you were still – understandably – ticked off.

You marched over to him, the act of grabbing the cord of his headphones and yanking them out of his ears making the blonde jump. His head snapped up as you spoke, his eyes widening at the look on your face.

"Would you care to explain to me why I waited at McDonald's for you for an hour and a half only to realize you weren't going to show up at all?" you asked rhetorically.

"I forgot about our lunch date, didn't I?" he began chewing on his lip nervously.

"You think?" you scoffed, rolling your eyes.

"Y/N, I'm really sorry," he frowned, "I've just been studying all morning and I lost track of time. I promise I'll make it up to you tomorrow."

"No, you're gonna make it up to me now," you stated.

"What are you doing?!" he all but shouted at you, watching in disbelief as you closed all his books and put them on his desk.

"You're taking a break," you said calmly, but firmly at the same time so he knew you were being serious.

"No, I'm not, Y/N! I need to study!"

"If your other friends are fine with you blowing off plans just to stress yourself out even more, that's fine by me," you stated, "But when you try blowing off plans with me, it's not gonna slide."