Say Something (Calum Hood)

"Michael, Michael, Michael," you sighed dramatically as you walked up to one of your best friends.

"You know I hate when you greet me like that, Y/N," he chuckled, looking over his shoulder as you stopped beside him.

"What?" you pouted, "I'm not allowed to tell my best friend in the whole world goodbye before we leave school?"

"Y/N," he laughed again.

"Fine; I have a proposition for you," you stated, leaning onto the locker next to his.

"And what proposition might that be?" Michael cocked an eyebrow, ceasing his movements for a moment before continuing to get his books into his backpack.

"I heard from a mutual friend that you're in the market to take someone to the Valentine's Day dance next weekend to make Leigh Hagerman jealous."

"And your point is...?"

"My point is I am also in the market for making someone jealous," you informed him, "And I think we can help each other out."

"This someone wouldn't happen to be someone I know very well, would it?" Michael smirked, slinging his backpack onto his shoulder and closing his locker door before turning to fully face you.

"Agree to my proposal and I'll tell you," you grinned mischievously despite the fact that you were 100% certain he already knew who it was.

"Well..." he sighed dramatically, "We would both be doing each other a favor which means repayment would already be done and over with... I'm in. Now who are you trying to make jealous?"

"The one and only Calum Hood," you said.

"I knew it!" he exclaimed lowly as to not alert the few students still strewn about the hall, "I knew something was going on between you two!"

"Nothing's going on between us," you shook your head, "He asked Lillian Hobbs to the dance."

"He asked Lillian?" Michael's eyes widened, clearly surprised to hear it, "He told me and Luke he was going to ask you!"

"That's what Luke told me in PE this morning," you nodded, "But then I overheard Calum asking Lillian to go with him in third period. So there I was – without a date to the dance – until about 10 seconds ago when my knight in a rusty, white pick-up agreed to be my date."

"Are you done?" he asked, desperately fighting back a smile. You responded by grabbing his cheeks and pulling his face to yours, kissing both of his cheekbones sloppily.

"You're a beautiful man, Michael Clifford," you patted his left cheek before releasing him, making him laugh loudly.

"Pick you up at 7?" he offered.

"I'll be waiting for you," you placed your hand over your heart, backing away for a few steps before turning around to head to your own locker to get your stuff. You heard Michael laugh again as he went in the opposite direction.

~

One week later; Valentine's Day

You went on about your daily life – wake up, go to school, do homework, go to sleep, repeat – as normal, and Calum seemingly had no idea. You didn't know whether or not he knew you were going to the dance with Michael, but you figured he didn't because he hadn't asked you about it yet. You didn't know why he still hadn't told you he was going with Lillian – maybe he figured you already knew – but it still caused a little ping of jealousy whenever you saw them talking before third period when you walked into the classroom.