The Baker's Assistant (Alex Gaskarth) - Part 3 *

Warning: Kidnapping

~

Your POV; Four days later

You'd been missing for four days now – going on five. There were no windows in the room you were in, so you never knew whether or not it was light outside. You would only occasionally hear rain hitting the roof or a television playing somewhere in the house – or whatever building you were in.

You were drifting in and out of sleep – to be quite honest, you didn't want to sleep because you didn't know what that man would try if he found you like that. But after getting little to no sleep in the last few days, 'exhausted' wasn't exactly the most accurate word to describe how you felt.

You were doing pretty well – as well as a sleep-deprived, kidnapped person could be doing, at least – in fighting back every time the man would come into the room he had you locked up in though. You didn't know what his intentions were with kidnapping you, but he'd stopped coming into the room as often the morning you kicked him so hard in the chest, a bruise formed. Was he mad at you for it? Maybe. But now that you were determined to make it out alive, he was clearly just waiting for you to go hungry enough to the point where you wouldn't be able to fight him in whatever he wanted to do.

But he would never see that day.

On your fifth day of captivity – sometime in the evening hours – you started to hear rustling outside. This let you know that you weren't in an inner room of the building. Your arms and legs were tied up, but you could still scoot yourself around, so you managed to make it to the wall where you could clearly hear the noises.

You heart skipped when you heard the Captain of the castle guard's voice whisper something to another guard, receiving an affirmation in return.

It was as if everything then happened at once – you heard a door being kicked in and then shouting as the guards immediately tackled the man who had taken you to the ground right outside the door he was trying to run to.

This prompted the Captain to go into that room first, his eyes landing on you the moment he opened the door. You met his gaze and let out a sigh of relief, relaxing your body for the first time in five days.

"Princess!" he exclaimed, rushing over to untie you, "Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"Hungry," you murmured just as your stomach growled loudly.

"When did you last eat?"

"Last week..."

"Come on, Princess," he said, "Let's get you home."

Rodriguez tossed the ropes used to tie you up off to the side before taking your arm and wrapping it around his shoulders. He then hooked his arms around your back and under your knees, easily picking you up and taking you back through the building.

"Rogers," he said firmly, causing the guard to spin around. He breathed a sigh of relief when he saw you were awake. "You still have any of those granola bars you always have with you?" the Captain asked.

"Yes, sir," he nodded, quickly reaching into the car and opening the glove compartment, pulling out a package. Rodriguez sat you down on the backseat, turning back to the other guard.

"Help her eat and then get her back to the castle," he ordered, "She's not eaten in a week and needs to eat a proper meal as soon as possible. The rest of us will be back as soon as we can."

"Yes, sir," he said again and the Captain walked away.

Rogers closed your door and ran around to the driver's side. He opened the wrapper and broke off a piece, reaching back to hand it to you before starting the car and driving back toward the castle. He looked at you in the rearview mirror, sending back another bite as he drove.