Boyfriend (Calum Hood)

blurb 1/2 i wrote for a college!5sos blurb night on tumblr so i decided to post them here too bc who doesnt love frat boy 5sos

~

"Hi, Y/N!" you heard someone across the street yell, making you stop. You had been running back to your sorority from the frat party you'd just been at.

You looked over to find a boy sitting on the front lawn of his frat house, a bottle of beer in his hand. The black-haired boy was smiling at you and waved as soon as he realized he'd caught your attention. You and Calum weren't best friends by any means, but you did talk from time-to-time at parties around campus and got notes from each other when one of you missed your shared history class.

You sighed in relief, crossing the street and hurrying over to him.

"You okay?" Calum asked you, turning to look over his shoulder since you were practically hiding behind him. You were breathing heavily down his neck from how long you'd been running, not realizing it made him shiver slightly.

"You didn't go to that party tonight?" you asked, catching your breath.

"Nah," he shrugged, "The guys in that house are total assholes. What happened?"

"This guy..." you mumbled, "He wouldn't leave me alone all night and when I said I wasn't gonna go to his room with him..." Calum put his beer down and turned to face you.

"What did he do to you?" he asked lowly.

"Nothing..." you swallowed thickly, "I got away before he could grab me..." He was about to say something else when a loud voice interrupted him.

"There you are!" the president of the frat smirked, stopping in front of the group on the sidewalk. If you thought you weren't pleased he'd managed to find you, Calum definitely wasn't. His jaw tightened and you saw him ball up his fists at his sides.

"Beat it, Anderson," Calum growled.

"And why would I do that, Hood?" Bryce cocked an eyebrow, the smirk still on his face.

"You and your little frat boys aren't welcome here."

"What are you going to do about it, pretty boy?" he challenged.

Calum made a motion to get up, but you quickly grabbed his hand, keeping him in place. He sighed lightly and remained on the grass, a little surprised when you didn't let go of him – you just held on tighter and rubbed the back of his hand with your thumb.

"Leave," Calum stated through gritted teeth.

"Alright, alright," Bryce put his hands up and then looked at you, "Come on, princess-" Just hearing him call you that made you want to puke. "-We have a party to get back to."

"She's staying here, Anderson," Calum answered for you, "Now leave."

"She's a big girl, Hood; She can speak for herself," he returned, "You coming, princess?" You felt queasy as the nickname left his mouth, but looked up at him anyway. You shook your head slowly, making him raise his eyebrows again. "What the f-"

"Well, Anderson, there's your answer," Calum cut him off, "Have fun at your party." Bryce grumbled under his breath, turning around and walking away. You let out a sigh of relief, letting your head fall onto Calum's shoulder.

"Thank you," you breathed, squeezing his hand.

"Do you want me to walk you back to your house?" he asked, turning his head so his lips were barely brushing your forehead. You nodded slightly, feeling him smile against your skin. "Come on," he chirped, shaking his shoulder so you would sit back upright.

Calum rose to his feet, pulling you up to your own as well. He had you let go of his hand long enough for him to take it again, tangling your fingers together and pulling you closely into his side.

"You know, Cal, you look very 'boyfriend' right now," you said thoughtfully, "Not sure how many of your brothers are gonna let this go without explanation." Calum chuckled softly.

"I would only look 'boyfriend' if I did this," he informed you, taking the snapback off of his head and placing it backwards on your own. You blushed lightly, repositioning the hat so it sat more comfortably on your head. "But-" he went on, "-I could look even more boyfriend if you agreed to go on a date with me next Saturday."