One Last Time (Luke Hemmings)

kinda smutty?????? i guess????

~

The scene you currently found yourself in was a familiar one: You on the phone with your best friend the morning after Luke had long left your apartment. Kaylynn had listened to you whine about how you'd ended up falling in love with your friends with benefits buddy for the last few months – or 10 years, as she put it. She was adamant about the fact that you should tell him, but you were just as adamant about the fact that you shouldn't.

"I can't tell him, Kay!" you exclaimed.

"Well, why not?! It's not that hard! Just say, 'Hey, Luke, I'm in love with you'!"

"Why would I say that?!"

"Because it's true!" she reminded you.

"Just because it's true doesn't mean I can just come out and say it!" you told her, "When we started this thing, we swore no feelings!"

"Oh, come on! You knew from the get-go that wasn't going to work out!" Kaylynn groaned, "Those kinds of agreements always end up with someone having feelings for the other!"

"Not always!" you insisted in a high-pitched tone.

"Y/N," she stated seriously, "Just tell him how you feel. What's the worst that could happen?"

"He could kick me out of his apartment and tell me to never contact him again," you shook your head despite the fact that she couldn't see you, "Just because we agreed to this being nothing more than a casual fuck doesn't mean I want to lose him."

"You are insufferable," she sighed, "You called for my advice and my advice is to come clean. Whether you choose to do that or not is up to your discretion, but that's all I've got for you." Kaylynn hung up before you could say anything else, making you groan and throw yourself back onto your mattress.

But what you didn't know was that on the other side of the door, Luke had heard your entire conversation, his heart racing at the thought of you feeling the same way as he did.

~

Two weeks later

It had been nearly two weeks since you and Luke last saw each other. You had texted him multiple times asking if he wanted to come over, but as far as you knew, he never read them – Lord knows the boy didn't have his read receipts turned on. You wouldn't be the last to admit you were starting to get worried – even though you and Luke really only met up for sex, he was still your friend and you still cared about him.

So the knock on your apartment door one night surprised you when you opened it and found Luke standing there.

"Jesus Christ, Luke," you let out a breath, "I get that we're only friends with benefits, but that doesn't mean you can just fall off the radar!" The blonde just stared at you, rocking back and forth lightly on his feet, his hands in front of him as he nervously played with his fingers. "Lu," you said, repeating the nickname you've said hundreds of times but it never failed to make his heart flutter, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," he finally spoke, "Just wanted to...apologize for not answering your texts the last couple weeks. I've been...um...busy..."

"Okay..." you cocked an eyebrow, "And you came all the way over here to say that because...?"

"I... I don't know," he answered honestly, "I was bored, I guess... Wanted to get out of the house..."

"Well, I'm bored too and since you're already here..." you trailed off, your gaze flicking to his lips for a brief moment.

And suddenly, the real reason Luke showed up was forgotten and he couldn't resist himself anymore – he could never resist himself around you.

He grabbed your face and his lips crashed onto yours. Your free hand landed on the back of his neck so you could pull him inside, closing the door behind him. His hands then moved to your waist and he mumbled for you to jump, so you did, letting him press your back up against the door.

But as things got more heated and you moved to your bedroom, you began to feel as though this night was different than all the other times you had hooked up.

Luke was going much slower than he usually did, making sure his lips spent extra time in the places he knew made you shudder. When you begged him to do something, his teasing seemed like it would drag on and on. He was ignoring the treatment of his own pleasure for the sake of yours, almost as if he wanted you to know that he'd been paying attention to the things he did that made you feel good. And when he was finally inside of you, his thrusts weren't as fast-paced as they had been previously – they were slow and caring and he wanted you to feel as amazing as you possibly could.

"Lu," you moaned breathlessly, making him hum into the skin on your neck that he was currently biting, "Do something else."

"Like what, princess?" he asked gruffly.

"Anything!" you whined, "Go faster, harder – I don't care – just do something!"

"I can't."

"Why?"

"If this is going to be the last time we ever do this, I want to savor every moment of it," he answered honestly. You suddenly grabbed his face, pushing him up so you could look at him.

"Why would this be the last time we do this?" you asked, your heart sinking at the thought.

Luke looked back at you fondly as if he was burning your face into his memory so he never forgot what it looked like. He leaned down, pressing a deep kiss to your lips.

"I love you, Y/N," he said as seriously as he'd ever sounded before when he pulled away, "And I realize that the sincerity of that statement might seem a little off-putting due to my being as deep as I can possibly be inside of you right now, but God, Y/N, I've never loved anyone the way I love you. And if you're going to push me away or shut me out or move on from me because of that, then I want to make sure I remember every little sound you make and the way your breathing changes when I move a certain way and-"

"You're not just saying that, are you?" you asked worriedly, "You really are in love with me?"

"I know I could have picked a better moment than this," he chuckled, bashfully hiding his face in your neck, "I was going to tell you when I got here, but I chickened out and you said since I was here and I didn't want two weeks ago to be the last time if me admitting I broke the agreement was going to make you leave, so I just... I had to do this one last time."

"'One last time'?" you furrowed your eyebrows.

"Well, yeah..." he replied shyly, "We swore this would be nothing more than casual and I ended up falling in love with you... I didn't think you would-" You cut him off again – this time, by kissing him as deeply as you could.

It wasn't the kind of kiss that was just to shut him up or that of not wanting to hear anything else he had to say just to reach your climax faster; This kiss was full of passion and happiness and love, because now you finally knew that Luke felt the same way.

"I love you, Lu," you breathed, your thumbs stroking his cheekbones. He pulled back, clearly very surprised by the confession.

"You do?" he whispered, almost as if he were trying to convince himself that he'd heard you correctly.

"Mhmm," you hummed, pecking his nose. He let out a sigh of relief, his breath fanning across your face and making you giggle softly which made him smile in return.

"I never thought I'd be able to hear you say that, princess," Luke admitted.

"Me either, Lu," you said, pulling his face back to yours.

~

i was gonna post a maxx thing today but then i decided to finish this in honor of my boy's birthday yesterday

inspiration: http://tadpolehemmings.tumblr.com/post/147205413226/girls-talk-boys-luke-smut