My Idiot (Luke Hemmings)

if alcohol or ppl being drunk isn't really ur speed, maybe don't read this one

~

You jolted awake due to the shrill sound of your ringtone. You looked at the clock on your nightstand – it read 2:30am – before looking at the caller ID. You'd be lying to yourself if you said your heart didn't instantly drop to your stomach when you saw your best friend's name on the screen – he never called after a time when he knew you'd be sleeping.

And the second the dial tone cut out, he was speaking.

"Princess," Luke drug out before you could even say hello, "Where did you go?" You could hear the loud music and drunken shouting from people at the party he had gone to that night.

"Luke, what are you talking about?" you whined, not particularly pleased with being woken up at this hour for something that now clearly wasn't an emergency.

"I've been looking for you all over this house and I can't find you," you could hear his pout. And even though you were annoyed with him for waking you up, you couldn't help but smile.

"Lu," you said gently, "How much have you had to drink?"

"Not that much," he insisted.

"But just enough to forget that I didn't go to that party with you?" you grinned, the expression only getting bigger when he let out a soft 'oh' of realization.

"Why didn't you come?" he frowned, "We would've had fun."

"I'm not a partier, Lu – you know that."

"But you can still come hang out with us!" he begged, "Me and Ash and Mike and Cal wanna see you!"

"You see me all the time, Lu," you reminded him, shaking your head even though he couldn't see it, "One weekend without me won't kill you."

"But I miss you."

"Then I'll come over tomorrow."

"But I wanna see you now!" he pouted again.

"Then you're gonna have to come over here," you bargained.

"Will you come get me?" he asked sweetly.

"You don't wanna go home with any of the girls there for once?" you cooed teasingly, "That's a shock."

"Y/N," he whined, "I want you."

You knew he only meant that he wanted you to inevitably take care of him so his hangover wasn't so bad in the morning, but the statement still made your heart race.

"Fine," you caved, turning on your lamp and sitting up, "Where are you?" You heard Luke grumble to himself for a minute before you suddenly yanked your phone away from your ear when he unintentionally yelled into his own.

"Ashton!" he called out. There was a moment of silence from Luke as Ashton came over.

"Luke," he greeted his best friend, obviously significantly more sober than him.

"Where are we?" the blonde asked, earning himself a sigh.

"Just give me the phone," Ashton stated, holding his hand out. When Luke handed it over, he held it up to his ear. "Hi, Y/N," he smiled, making you let out a breathy laugh.

"Hi, Ash," you returned, "Would you mind telling me where my idiot is?"

"He making you come get him?"