The Longest Ride (Marshall Traver) - Part 3

slight smut in this part but u know what u gonna do

~

The next morning

"Princess," you woke up to Marshall groaning and feeling of your phone vibrating against your leg, "Answer your phone before I throw it into the lake."

"Do it and I'll drown you," you grumbled, sitting up and rubbing your eyes before pulling your cell out of your pocket.

"I'd like to see you try, princess," he smiled sleepily.

You looked at the screen and noticed you had three missed calls from your mom and six texts from Nate. You looked at the time and groaned softly, realizing it was 9:43am and you were supposed to leave at 9:30 so you could get to the fair and talk to people before the crowd arrived.

"Fuck," you groaned, quickly texting Nate back that you would be right there.

"What?" Marshall yawned, sitting up.

"Nate and I were supposed to be leaving for Dallas at 9:30 to interview people before the fair got started," you sighed. You got up and hopped out of the bed of the truck, but Marshall quickly stopped you.

"I'll take you home," he told you, jumping onto the ground beside you, "Can't have you running back and getting all sweaty before you go on camera." You let out an unintentional giggle, making Marshall wrap an arm around your waist and pull you into him. His lips hit yours and you smiled as he pulled away. He opened the passenger door for you before going around to the driver's side.

Marshall's hand was on your thigh the entire ride home, allowing you to play with his fingers. When he pulled up your driveway, Nate and your mom were talking on the porch and they looked over when they heard the truck. You could see the confused glances they gave each other as you and Marshall hopped out of the car, heading over to them.

"I'm so sorry, Nate," you let out an exasperated sigh, "I just woke up."

"It's fine, Y/N," he chuckled, "It's not like we have to be there so early anyway."

"Where is everybody?" you asked your mom in reference to your dad and brothers.

"They already went to Dallas to get ready for the competition," she answered, "I was just waiting with Nathan before I left to make sure you got back."

"I told her I'd be fine alone," Nate grinned, "But she insisted."

"Sounds about right," you nodded with a small smile, "Well, we should get going." He nodded as well, standing up. Your mom got up with him and hugged you. "You sure you'll be fine going alone?" you asked – your mother hated Dallas traffic more than most people.

"I can take her," Marshall finally spoke, making you all look at him.

"You know..." Nate trailed off, "I could always drive your mom there if you wanted to go with him..." In that statement, you knew he knew that you'd both worked everything out. "You can get changed and do whatever," he chirped, "We'll see you in Dallas." He quickly ushered your mom to the news van, leaving you and Marshall alone on your front porch.

"He seems nice," Marshall commented as the van left the driveway, making you let out an unintentionally loud laugh. He looked back at you when Nate pulled out onto the road with a small smirk on his face.

"Don't look at me like that," you demanded, "Whenever you look at me like that, it means clothes are about to come off."

"You say that like it's a bad thing," he chuckled, following you into the house.