Finish Line (Ashton Irwin) - Part 2

catelyn asked for part 2 like 40 million years ago and i finally finished it and also we met on this day three years ago so basically it was meant to be posted today.

i know it sucks. but this is what you get when i dont plan on someone asking for a second part.

~

"Sweetie!" you heard your mom call up the stairs after first hearing a knock on the door, "Ashton's here!"

You stuffed your phone into the pocket of your shorts, grabbed your crutches, and exited your room. Your tongue was stuck out slightly in concentration as you hobbled toward the steps to get downstairs.

Your mother made the motion to go up and help you, but Ashton stopped her, telling her that he would take care of you. Your mom simply smiled and returned to her spot on the couch with your dad while Ashton trotted up the stairs.

"Hey, beautiful," Ashton grinned at you. He took your crutches and took them down to the first floor, leaned them against the wall, and then hurried back to you to help you the rest of the way. When he returned, however, you were just sitting there with your elbows on your knees and your chin in your hands. "Y/N," Ashton said, sitting a couple steps down so he would be eye level with you, "What's wrong?"

"I can't do anything by myself anymore," you mumbled into the palm of your hand, "Someone has to help me get something to eat because I might drop a crutch and won't be able to pick it back up and someone has to help me go down the stairs because I might fall and I have to take a bath because I might slip in the shower. I have to rely on other people now and I don't like it."

"You only have to do this for a few weeks, Y/N," he tried to be reassuring, "I know you're having a rough time, but it'll be over soon. Now come on; We've got a show to go to." Ashton promptly stood up, not even giving you time to do the same before his arms were around your back and under your knees, lifting you up and carrying you downstairs.

"Ashton!" you squeaked, causing your parents to look up from their spots on the couch. They smiled slightly at the two of you as Ashton told you to grab your crutches so you could leave. "You are not carrying me everywhere today, Ashton," you said firmly.

"We'll see about that," he smirked lightly. He looked at your mom and dad, "It was nice seeing you again, Mr. and Mrs. Y/L/N. I promise I'll have her home at least before next week." They laughed at the comment.

"Before dark, young man," you dad told him, "I want you having enough light to get back home safely."

"I will have her back in this house at 8:30," he announced confidently.

"Don't think I won't be holding you up to that," he chuckled, "Bye, you two. Drive safe."

You and Ashton both said goodbye while you added on a 'love you' for both your parents before Ashton took you outside and to his car. He put you back down on the ground and opened the back door to put your crutched in the seat, then opened the front door for you. He made sure you didn't hit your head as you sat down and trotted over to the driver side.

The car ride to the venue you were meeting the other boys at was full of laughter and singing along to the radio. Ashton had his forearm resting on the console between the two of you.

At every red light, you would flick one of his fingers and then look out the window, pretending you hadn't. On the sixth time, however, Ashton grabbed your hand mid-flick. You looked over with a small pout to find him trying not to smile as he stared forward. When you wiggled your hand free to tangle your fingers with his, you saw him blush. You smiled shyly when he glanced at you out of the corner of his eye, holding his hand in your lap for the rest of the ride.