The Baker's Assistant (Alex Gaskarth) - Part 2 *

Part 1 summary: You cross paths with a boy who works in the kingdom's bakery, Alex, when he saves you from an attempted kidnapping. You frequented the bakery quite often after that, spending most of your free time with the shy boy who always insisted baking didn't need to involve getting flour everywhere.

alternate summary: i still hate this title lmao

Warning: Kidnapping (spoiler alert, soz)

~

Six months later

You and Alex had been official for about six months now, and you could honestly say you'd never been happier. He didn't treat you like a royal – he just treated you like Y/N – and that was all you'd ever really wanted.

You'd never really been with someone who completely threw all formalities out the window just to make you feel like you were both equal in the relationship, and now that you finally had it, you'd never felt more in love with someone.

One night, after one of the palace's many parties – Alex seemed to fit right in from the moment he started coming to them, no matter how much he tried to deny it – you and your boyfriend were out in the garden. You two would always go there after events such as this where it tended to take the energy right out of you and all you wanted to do was be with him.

On this night, however, Alex was incredibly quiet.

Usually, you would both lie on the grass and look at the stars while he would go on and on about his day, telling you all the funny things that happened or the new recipe he came up with. But tonight... Tonight, he hadn't said a word so far – and when he did, it wasn't something you particularly wanted to hear.

"Can I talk to you?" he swallowed, instantly worrying you.

"The last time someone said something like that, my dad told me my mom was dying," you mumbled.

"It's nothing like that, Y/N, I promise," he assured you. You watched the stars while Alex watched you, still not understanding how someone that beautiful could want to be with someone like him.

"Lex," you said, interrupting his thoughts. He hummed stupidly, raising his eyebrows at you. "You said you wanted to talk," you reminded him.

"Oh, right," he cleared his throat, "I just... I've been thinking lately, and... Well..."

"You're not breaking up with me, are you?" you whispered, your voice cracking a bit.

"What? No!" he exclaimed, "God, no!"

"Then what are you saying?" you shook your head, beyond confused by his demeanor tonight.

"I..." Alex trailed off before sighing, finally deciding to just let it out, "I've been trying to find the perfect way to tell you I love you, but no moment has ever been the right one." He looked back up at the sky, missing the small grin that was pulling at the corner of your mouth.

"I love you too, Lex," you replied softly. His head snapped back up to look at you.

"You do?" he whispered, honestly looking like he was going to cry.

"I told you I wanted to fall in love with you," you reminded him, "The truth is, when I said that, I was already halfway there."

Alex breathed a sigh of relief, putting his hand on your cheek and pulling your face to his. You giggled into the kiss, feeling him smile back and kiss you harder.

You turned your body, halfway lying on top of him. His hand slid down from your cheek to your hip, making your arm erupt with goose bumps. You shivered slightly, feeling Alex smile again just before he pulled away to breathe.