Code Blue (Calum Hood) - Part 3 *

Warning: This imagine contains mention of self-harm/suicide, so if that triggers you in any way, please don't read this.

~

Your POV; Two days later

You'd finally woken up not too long ago, completely surprising Maggie as she was checking up on your vitals. The doctor – the same one you had seen tell your parents you passed away – came into the room, basically just telling you how lucky you were to be alive after how much blood you lost.

Your parents had gone home to get some proper rest, unfortunately not being there when you woke up. You had told Maggie you didn't want her to call them though, not wanting the bother them while they slept. She nodded understandingly and once the doctor left, she finished up with you herself, and that was when you noticed something.

"Maggie," you murmured, making your nurse look at you as you stared down at your hand, "When did my ring turn red?"

"A boy came in a couple days ago asking if anyone's hearts had stopped at the exact time yours did," she answered, "And a nurse downstairs found him touching his ring, so she sent him up. It was a wonderful moment, really, watching both of your rings' lines change colors when he held your hand."

"He found me?" you whispered to yourself in shock. Maggie simply nodded, obviously having heard you, a smile pulling at the corner of her mouth. "Where is he?" you asked softly.

"We had to make him go home," she sighed, "The poor boy clearly hasn't slept since your heart stopped. But I promise, I'll call him first thing in the morning. Now get some more rest; You have a big day tomorrow."

Your heart started racing as you thought about finally meeting your soulmate – how on earth were you supposed to rest now?

~

The next morning

Your eyes fluttered open, squinting slightly to adjust to the sunlight flooding your hospital room. You went to move your hand to your eyes so you could rub them, and that was when you felt someone holding onto you. Your eyes trailed down your arm and to the hand holding yours, then went up that arm to see who it belonged to, taking note of all the tattoos along the way.

Your heart fluttered as you looked at the black-haired boy – Calum, if you remembered his name correctly – you'd seen with the woman, his head resting beside your hands and his face relaxed as he snored softly. His breath tickled your fingers and as much as you enjoyed watching him sleep, you knew you had to wake him up.

You carefully slipped your hand out of his and threaded your fingers through the hair on the back of his neck. His hair was soft between your fingers, and you found yourself smiling at the thought of him actually being your soulmate.

Calum began mumbling softly, telling you that he was about to wake up, and you felt your face get hot when you clearly heard him say your name. You didn't cease your movements though – instead continuing to scratch at his scalp gently.

His fingers closed in on themselves, wanting to hold your hand tighter, only to find out it wasn't even there anymore. He pouted slightly, making you let out a breath of amusement.

Calum finally opened his eyes, blinking a few times before yawning quietly. It was then that you heard his breathing hitch, your hand falling from his head as it snapped up, his eyes widening as he stared at you in awe.

"I was always hoping we'd meet under happier circumstances," you grinned slightly, "But I'm glad you managed to find me anyway."

He let out a breathy laugh, standing up so he could lean over and give you a hug. You couldn't help but giggle, repositioning yourself so he could wrap his arms around your waist while your hand just went back to his hair.