I Choose You (Michael Clifford)

You and your friend walked into the frat house, surprised by all the people you saw. You knew there would be a lot of people there, of course – it was the most well-known frat on campus with the craziest parties – but you thought you got there early.

Regardless, you looked around, both of you giggling at how silly some of the frat guys' costumes looked, making you sure that they had to have either lost a bet or agreed that every single guy in the house would wearing something embarrassing.

About half an hour passed – your friend had since left you to go find her boyfriend, so you were left to your own devices. You weren't really doing much else other than keeping your drink securely in your hand the entire time, not wanting to take any chances.

"Hey, Ash Ketchum!" you heard someone shout from behind you, making you turn since you were dressed as the character. "You know how to play beer pong?" the frat guy asked. You nodded and he motioned for you to come over. "Come be Pikachu's partner," he said.

It wasn't until then that you'd even noticed someone else was dressed in a Pokemon-related costume, but it was clear once you saw him that it was meant to be an embarrassment – there was no way anyone would willingly sport a child-sized costume at one of the biggest parties of the year.

You couldn't help but snort softly, taking the last sip of your drink and throwing it into the trashcan before going over to the table.

"Nice costume, Pikachu," you said, stopping beside the blonde boy. His eyes widened and he blushed the brightest shade of red you'd ever seen.

~

You and Pikachu ended up winning your game of beer pong, but you decided not to play another round since you had a class pretty early the next morning. You found yourself outside on the back deck, sitting on the steps and looking up at the stars.

You were out there for a good amount of time by yourself – about 20 minutes to be exact – before you heard the back door open. You looked over your shoulder and found Pikachu coming outside, his steps small as if he were scared to be walking toward you.

The boy looked at you for a moment before softly asking if he could sit down beside you. You, of course, nodded your head, and he did exactly that.

It was quiet again, neither of you saying a word, before he finally decided to speak.

"I swear I don't always dress like this," he mumbled.

"Well, that's a shame because I dress like this all the time," you informed him, motioning toward yourself. The blonde boy finally cracked a smile, making you smile in return.

"That would have been more believable if you'd been dressed as a princess," he commented, becoming braver by the second. You looked at him despite the fact that you knew you were blushing.

"You calling me a princess?" you asked.

"Hey, if the glass slipper fits," he shrugged, lying down flat on the deck. You admired him for a moment before lying next to him, the both of you now looking up at the stars. "I'm Michael," he said randomly.

"Y/N," you recited your own name, "So, Michael. Do you actually like Pokemon or was this costume part of some bet?"

"It was part of a bet," Michael answered, "But I do like Pokemon too."

"What'd you lose?"

"It's stupid," he shook his head. You turned slightly to look at him again. He met your gaze and sighed lightly. "You're not gonna believe me," he told you. You shrugged, making him chuckle involuntarily. "My mates and I were out last week because I had to ask a the next girl that came out of the library on a date or else I had to wear a kid's Pikachu costume," he said, "And I was going to, but then I backed out."