Next Christmas (Michael Clifford)

sorry this sucks lmao

~

Michael

"Mikey!" you called out after making sure your phone was recording and well-hidden so you could get his reaction to the news you were about to give him.

"Yeah, babe?" Michael called back from where he was in the kitchen.

"I can't hang up this picture! It's too high!"

"So put it lower!" he laughed, but you heard his footsteps anyway.

"But I don't want it lower," you pouted as he came into the room.

"You're impossible, kitten," he grinned, kissing your forehead when he reached you.

"Well, you asked me to marry you, so who's the real idiot here?" you sassed.

"You agreed to marry me, so I think it's both of us," he winked, "Where do you want the picture?"

"Right there," you pointed to some random spot on the wall, holding the photo to him to take. You knew Michael would look down at the photo in the frame before he did anything else and you couldn't contain your smile when you heard his breathing hitch.

"No, you're not," his voice cracked as he looked back up at you with slightly widened eyes. When he saw your smile though, he knew you were being serious. "Kitten..."

You nodded your head, "We're gonna have a baby, Mikey."

"Oh my God," he murmured. As Michael processed things, the smile on his face grew bigger and bigger. "Oh my God!" he said a little more loudly, quickly bending down and putting the frame on the floor before coming back up, grabbing your cheeks, and kissing you roughly. "I love you so much, kitten," he sniffled, not even bothering to hide the fact that he was crying. You put your hands on his own cheeks, pushing him back so you could wipe his tears with your thumbs.

"I love you, Michael," you whispered, pecking his lips.

Michael moved his hands to your stomach and he dropped down to his knees in front of you. He pushed your shirt up over your stomach and kissed the skin above your belly button.

"I love you too, baby," he mumbled, making you smile as you ran your fingers through his hair.

~

Your parents

You had called your mom one afternoon – as you did every single day – but this time, you asked if she, your dad, and your sister were busy that weekend because you and Michael wanted to visit. She, of course, eagerly invited you over, knowing you wouldn't be home on Christmas day this year and wanting to spend as much time with her oldest daughter and son-in-law as possible.

So that weekend, as you and Michael were on the road to your parents' house, you were both practically bouncing in your seats, excited to tell them about their first grandchild.

After you'd arrived, you all just spent time catching up. You and Michael stayed for dinner, and afterwards, you let them in on the surprise. You had all moved into the living room – your mom, dad, and 15-year-old sister Olivia were sitting together on the couch, and it ended up being the perfect time.

"We wanted to give you this early since we'll be spending Christmas with Mikey's family this year," you explained, setting the present in your dad's lap since he was sitting in the middle, "It's for all of you, so you have to open it together." You moved back to stand with Michael as he subtly held his phone up to record their reactions to the news – just as you'd done with him. Your dad and Olivia opened the gift as your mom read the card that had been taped to the top of the lid.